A noob's guide on buying consoles!

All the games go on the hard disc, and directly boot, just like games on PS3 using kmeaw hack and games on internal/PC games.

LT 2 or 3 is an old hack which utilised discs.

I have a doubt in mind. I'd need to upgrade the hdd from 4gb to a more capacity one for this or not? For how much can i get a 250GB Hdd?

And is RGH possible for a XBOX mfd after Sept'11? Any workarounds?
@Aman27deep @Ethan_Hunt @dinjo

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you get an RGH done, you can plug in any standard USB HDD to it. The only thing that mandates an internal HDD are the DLCs. You cannot load DLCs from an external hard drive.

Once you get an RGH done, you can plug in any standard USB HDD to it. The only thing that mandates an internal HDD are the DLCs. You cannot load DLCs from an external hard drive.
It is possible to load DLCs through external too. The only cinch is you need to format the drive using xbox; thereby giving you only 16gb space. I bought a 16gb Sandisk just for that.

It is possible to load DLCs through external too. The only cinch is you need to format the drive using xbox; thereby giving you only 16gb space. I bought a 16gb Sandisk just for that.

Exactly! You'll need to have it configured as a valid Microsoft storage device. To be honest, you don't really need that, unless you have the FAT models, as the slim ones have 4GB for internal storage. This should suffice for DLCs of a few games.

Guys, planning to upgrade my 160GB ps3 with a 1tb.

I checked a video on YouTube.
Its a recent one, the person was installing 4.11.

My queries-
Is anybody aware of any issues with HDDs above 5400rpm.

Which hard disk do you recommend?

7200rpm would work fine as well. Thankfully, PS3 isn't picky about the brand choice of hard drives, unlike the 360. So take your pick. My suggestion; Go with the Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive.

Is it possible to buy just the xbox 360 new console box without the wires, brick, remotes, etc...........just the console box.

From the market? Don't think so. The cheapest bundle that retails for 15k comes with the controller, brick and the AV cable.

Hi guys.. I have a fairly simple question.. I am contemplating buying a console instead of galaxy s3 or htc one x near to 30k..
please suggest me a console where it wouldn't need additional investment in buying games or subscriptions etc.. and would do with downloaded games.. modding/hacking/rooting.. I am not an amid gamer.. I'm 24 now.. been a good 3-5 yrs since I played games on pc.. and I won't find much time to play games.. may be couple of hours in the weekend.. one of the reason why I don't spend on buying dvd's or blue rays and looking for a one time investment kind of a thing..

awaiting reply.. thanks..

Hi guys.. I have a fairly simple question.. I am contemplating buying a console instead of galaxy s3 or htc one x near to 30k..
please suggest me a console where it wouldn't need additional investment in buying games or subscriptions etc.. and would do with downloaded games.. modding/hacking/rooting.. I am not an amid gamer.. I'm 24 now.. been a good 3-5 yrs since I played games on pc.. and I won't find much time to play games.. may be couple of hours in the weekend.. one of the reason why I don't spend on buying dvd's or blue rays and looking for a one time investment kind of a thing..

awaiting reply.. thanks..
I'd suggest a PS3 with CFW 3.55
We can't mod consoles anymore, so try your luck in the TE Market to find one.
X360 modding is a bit complicated and involves hardware mods (extra money for pros) and needs subscription if you're looking for online multiplayer.
And anyways, going to PSN after modding one is risking a console brick.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the cheapest PS3 console available? Flipkart retails for 17k. (The 160 gig version) Anything cheaper anywhere? Brand new, I'm talking about. Chennai preferrably, will buy online also. Thanks!

hey guys. i'm thinking about buying HDD for my 4GB slim. can any1 clear a few doubts?

its a modded xbox [i think LT2.0 since it was modded in early december 2011]. it runs forza4, gears of war 3 backups w/o any prob]

Can i copy game data into internal HDD of xbox to avoid war and tear of DVD drive while playing the game? [i know i have to insert the disk but is this possible for xbox to read the data from hdd after verifying the disc inserted?

i'm getting a 60GB used HDD @ 1.2k is this a good deal?

I'd suggest a PS3 with CFW 3.55
We can't mod consoles anymore, so try your luck in the TE Market to find one.
X360 modding is a bit complicated and involves hardware mods (extra money for pros) and needs subscription if you're looking for online multiplayer.
And anyways, going to PSN after modding one is risking a console brick.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is the cheapest PS3 console available? Flipkart retails for 17k. (The 160 gig version) Anything cheaper anywhere? Brand new, I'm talking about. Chennai preferrably, will buy online also. Thanks!

Did you not check eBay? I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of offers bringing down the price to 14.5k for 160GB during Puja season. Diwali offers should be good too I'm guessing. Wait for it.

Back