A Open Post to Sony Ericsson from a Fan

Dear SE

I am one of your avid Fan. Right from the beginning I was using SE phones only. To Mention a few I have used F500i, J230, K750, W810i, K810i, W980 and W705 So as you can see I was using SE right from 2004. There is a Saying here “Once a SE always a SEâ€.

Let me be very clear. I love you so much. I have defended SE in many forums from many trolls for many years. I did this because I love SE and I believe SE will always gives me what is best out there.
But off late you are not living up to your fans belief. What happened to you SE?

The last master piece from you was W810i. After that all your products disappoint me. K810i, W910i and W980 was a total disappointment for me. There were tremendous delays. If you refuse to believe I will give you proof.

Do you know W810i was announced in Feb ’06 and availability was Mar ’06.
K810i was announced in Feb’07 and availability was Apr 07.
W980 was announced in Feb’ 08 and availability was Aug 08.
Xperia X1 was announced in Feb'08 and availability was Nov' 08
W705 was announced in Oct’ 08 and availability was May 09.
Satio was announced in Feb’09 and availability was Nov ’09.
And X2 no comments.

What happened SE. There were long delays. Even after delays none of these phones lived up to its hype ( W980,W705 & Satio). You were the first to announced many technologies (8MP, 12MP camera snapdragon with android phone) but you were the last to bring it to the market with sky high prices. Where is my Old SE? where I can get all latest tech in a budget phone? Where are you SE?

We have defended you so long SE but you are now disappointing us more. You even embarrass us by saying you turned down google. Please don’t cheat us more SE. We love you but if you keep cheating us then Even God cant save you.

All I can say is please bring Vivaz soon with zero bug and Aspen with custom UI and X10 and its derivatives soon with 2.1 android and no bugs at a reasonable price (350$ - 450$). After all you are a more talented company and you certainly deserve a second chance like MOTO.

Please SE don’t disappoint us again and save yourself from bankruptcy.

---- A sincere disappointed embarrassed Sony Ericsson Fan .

I have to agree... I am also a great fan of SE... read somewhere tht SE had some bad management issues , hence the setback ... lets hope for the best !

Similar sentiments :)

They have to chuck their fast port for coming back to the market.

They have already released microSD phones which is good sign that they are learning from their mistakes.

The sooner they adopt to the microUSB and 3.5mm jack trend the sooner they will recover.

Hope SE comes back with a bang :eek:hyeah: We love u SE :)

Wow, I completely relate to this thread!

Owner of a SE Phone wayy back in 2004 followed by a K508i for 2 years, and K800i for 2 years. I finally left SE when I had to get a smartphone (Google G1).

I so wish SE comes back but the future looks bleak in terms of SE smartphones. :( And the future of mobilephones is convergence so the awesome SE feature-phones will have a very small market!

Sony is disappointing even in DSLRs/P&S/Personal Entertainment devices as well. :( As a big supporter of Sony and SE, I just wish they come back to form with some true innovation.

Hopeful fan.
Payne

EDIT: WHOA! I think I just crawled out from under a rock. Check out SE at the MWC that just ended! The X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro, Vivaz and Vivaz Pro are all awesome devices! I want a X10 Mini Pro!

I would guess that SE has already lost a lot of customers because of their fast port fiasco, M2 and now trying to segment their users into camera and walkman branded phones.

Some of the things I actually like about SE holding on to vs Nokia is their relatively small and simple form factor for phones (they don't mess with the keypad like Nokia does on their popular models eg: tinny keypad on the N70, N73 etc.) and their proprietary non-smartphone but zippy OS.

The fact is, they can't afford to be stupid anymore or else they will go the Moto way.

Can totally relate to the thread. Am an SE fan and using one the best offerings from SE (IMO), the w800i for past four years. :)
Hope they come with a kickass phone soon. Last checked they did have the w995 which seems to have all the features, GPS, Wifi, 3G, 8 Mpx camera, you name it and also costs bit less than 20k. But slider is something i am not game for so no buying that for me.

I have used only one SE phone and it kicked some serious as$; it was T310. I loved its UI, polyphonic ringtone, Tony Hawk skate boarding game etc. In those days 3310 ruled the roost and this phone was generations ahead. Besides that I have lots of personal emotions & fond memories with this phone. I wish I hadn't sold this phone for pittance to buy a Nokia n-gage phone.

But after that I stopped keeping track of SE products and moved on with Nokia and now with an Android phone. However I am a firm believer of the fact that if there is any company that is capable of kicking Steve Jobs galls its SE. All the best SE...we want to see you do well :hap2:.

I have used two SE phones. First was T105 which was a very good phone that time (2004) and second one was K750i which I always miss till date. I have to exchange that for E51 due to lack of EDGE but I am still to find such a good camera phone. Now again I was looking for another phone but can't find any good SE. Now I am waiting 5230 to be arrived in few days which I purchased yesterday on ebay. But like all of you and many others my heart beats for SE, I hope they will not break our hopes.

^^ Hey can you tell me how much did you get the 5230 for and link if possible ???

I myself have the w800i currently and i plan it to NOT SELL even if i get a new phone.

raksrules said:
^^ Hey can you tell me how much did you get the 5230 for and link if possible ???
I myself have the w800i currently and i plan it to NOT SELL even if i get a new phone.

I have purchased it a little bit on higher side (Rs. 8950) because there is only one seller on ebay at present who have this model.:( And this is not available in any mobile shop at present. But good thing for me was that it is available in six installments on ICICI card.I find the link from TE only in 5230 thread.
Link is -
eBay India: SEALED PACK NOKIA 5230 MOBILE WITH ALL ACCESSORIES (item 190375156239 end time 01-Mar-2010 17:55:46 IST)

can relate to it , been a SE/Sony fan from a long time

only Sony product im currently using is the PS3 and a LCD TV, they lost the phone race a long time back , them days when the K750i was considered the best thing since sliced bread

Back