PC Peripherals A PC for the kids, budget:25k

Ravi_D

Disciple
hello guys, need some help.

I need recommendation for a PC config. which will primarily be used by 2 kids(10 and 4 year old, gotta get 'em started ASAP,:p).I don't know if there is some special monitor,keybaord\mouse set for kids, if there is I would be happy to get them, provided they are within budget.No graphic card is really needed, a ~20' screen should be fine.Some monitor which doesn't put much strain on eyes would be awesome and I have no idea about them.Would like to save cash if possible, but no compromise on quality.

Buying place:Delhi.

p.s. budget could be stretched to a max. of 27k.BTW this budget includes everything from mouse to SMPS to case to speaker, a complete PC i.e..:>

p.s.s. not my kids, I am a kid myself.:p

p.s.s.s. I am really out of touch wrt to PC hardware, so if you are kind enough please indicate approx. prices of components.

Proccy- AMD AthlonII 240 (2.8GHz)- 3.1k
M/B- Biostar A785GE - 3.2k (Has a very good IGP(HD 4200) capable of playing light games and HD videos)
Ram- Transcend 2GB 800MHz DDRII -1.8k
HDD- WDC 500GB SATA 3.5" -2.6k
Samsung 20" 2033 - 7.3k
Cabinet- Zebronics Bijili with 400w SMPS - 1.7k
Optical Drive- any DVDRW- 1.1k
Speakers - Altec Lansing BXR1221 -1.1k
Logitech combo - 0.7k
This system will cost you 22.5k approx.:) Ideal system for kids and multimedia usage. Save the rest and invest on a good GPU and PSU when required. :D
Add UPS APC 550VA - 1.9k (if needed)

Back