Budget 20-25K A phone that will last for 3 years at least

devid

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 20k-25k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Any

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5g

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Redmi/Samsung/Xiaomi/Moto/Oneplus/MI

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Daily use

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need Good battery and at least 128GB storage

here are few options you may consider :

samsung m53,a52 ,a33

motorola : g82, edge30,edge 30fusion

these are the few suggestions i have seen here
if longevity is something you are looking for dont go for xiaomi , mi

here are few options you may consider :

samsung m53,a52 ,a33

motorola : g82, edge30,edge 30fusion

these are the few suggestions i have seen here
edge 30 is a bit over budget, couldn't find the edge 30 fusion on sale anywhere
currently thinking about the g82, it seems budget-friendly compared with the Samsungs.
What's the major difference between the m53, a52 and a33
I saw m53 has a better MP camera but I don't really care about the camera that much the a52 and a33 are much cheaper but I don't know which one would be better to pickup between the two.

I wud recommend something from the likes of realme stable try the gt bro 2 for that range it's a good phone the price
Iqoo 7 is a great choice but will be difficult to find for that price point I feel

stick with samsung phones if you want them to last 3 years. I used M31 for last 2 years without any issues. sold it just cos got bored of it, screen on time was easily 8 - 10 hours. per day

Most phones should last 3 years without any problem, unless you are really unlucky. Usually it's the Samsung and Motorola phones which are known for their longevity and still retain a brand image. Choose according to your software preference, whether you prefer feature packed or clean, minimal UX.

For the last 8 years or so, every phone has lasted more than 3 years for me easily. And I mean that they were easily usable even after 3-4 years. It started with OnePlus One for me and I changed just because I got bored, like I am thinking of upgrading from my G8X now after just 1.5 years. All those phones are still working great in hands of my relatives.
So any phone you choose in this budget will actually fulfill your requirement. My personal suggestion would be to look in the second hand market as you get better bang for your buck. For example, I am getting a 5 month used S20 FE 5g for 23k and a 4 month old Moto Edge 30 Pro for just 31k. Both phones look like new and are in warranty. Unlike cars, it's much easier to buy phones second hand.

Redmi Note 5Pro working 100% & keep going strong for 5 yrs (office use/non gaming), till it get stolen.

handset that made after June 2020 may have life span issue (corona, price rise, chip shortage etc. etc, so to keep price rise minimal, adjustment made with hardware quality)

I know people those who are still using S8/S9 and are still happy, Asked does it lags or hangs they say not at all. [emoji1787]

I cannot use one phone for 2/3 months and there are people like Chris Evans who upgraded from 6s to iPhone 13 after 7 years, Lol.
People who are using s8/s9 they don’t know the meaning of lag . I had s7edge , s8 and s10 plus all lag ..

People who are using s8/s9 they don’t know the meaning of lag . I had s7edge , s8 and s10 plus all lag ..
Lmfao. Yes. They have lag built in in their brains. So the phone's lag isn't perceived by these special people. One of those special people would be my mum. I sometimes wish I were like them, other times I wonder why the hell they are that stupid.
A Samsung, any Samsung not lagging after a month's of use is more shocking news than Aliens had already taken over earth.

Just my input, in case you get bored with phones easily buying an IPhone is a very bad idea. Firstly they are vey expensive and secondly UI is the major contributing factor in the boredom. And all IPhone UI look pretty much the same.

Instead what I would recommend is a android phone with great custom rom support. With this every year or so you can flash a new rom and keep it fresh. Breathes a new life into the phone.

Back