A powerful laptop at around 35K

I need a laptop at around 35k-40k in coming days, it should be 14", a good gpu, i need 500gb hdd, There is acer timeline 4820tg with ati 5650 at croma for 37000, its d model from last year, do you think its a good buy considering that 4830tg is around the corner.
Is there any other laptop, I had a bad experience with dell so its not in the list, Just like Z570 from lenovo, is there any news of Z470G?

All of these are older gen processor based laptops.

In today's date, sandy-bridge laptops are recommended.

The only model under 40k is the Lenovo Z570 but the GPU is pretty poor. If you can wait, wait.

I cant wait for more than 10 days and i dont think any of the new processors will be out till then...anyways do you think these older processors are that old?
what about the build quality of asus? anyone using it?
iv also heard acer timeline is not having very sturdy construction.
In ths price range there is also hp g42 series but gpu is not as powerful.

Newer sandy-bridge processors are not only faster than older ones but also output less heat & consume less power. For a laptop, that's a great improvement.

Build quality does not depend on the manufacturer but varies from model to model. I have heard good reviews of the Asus model you've listed.

Even Dell Inspiron 14R/15R comes with HD5650 GPU. You can check that out too.

For 42k you'll get Core i5-SB, 15.6in screen, 6490 GPU, 4G ram from HP (DV6 and G6 series).
Check out Flipkart.
Only thing you'll gain from Vostro is a backlit keyboard and matte screen, less value overall.
Asus and Acer laptops although cheaper, have much fewer service centres and QoS is questionable.
I'd stick with the big players, Dell (Inspiron Range with 5650 for 36K) or HP (DV6 and G6 series for 35-45k) just to be on the safe side when things starts falling apart within a year! ;)

For 35K eighter you will get a good GPU or a Good Sandy bridge processor . Decide what is more important to you . Lenovo Z570 has a great processor but has a poor GPU , Inspiron has a Good GPU but old processor.

You will have to increase your budget if you want both things.

Budget is revised to 40-41k

i prefer a 14" or 13" laptop, but looking at market there are more options in 15.6" models, dv4 is still not available here...dell vostro 3350 should be having the best build quality of all of them..after using dell studio 15 i have doubts over dell inspiron models..in the same price range of vostro 3350, hp dm4 and g4 models are available, they also have sort of weaker gpu...a 15.6" laptop is cumbersome to carry, so first preference is a smaller laptop on which i can play games, watch movies etc.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

by the way has anyone heard about lenovo z470, v470 or g470 with SB n gt520 gpu?? i think since z570 n g570 are launched, others will also be there..

I Still think you will have problems having both good GPU and Procy in this price range . I think if you can increase to say 50K or wait for some time and save money that will be good . You can not upgrade so no pointing in getting a half harted device.

PS : This is what I did which meant living without PC or Laptop for 3 months .

ankitalmighty said:
one of my friend is having the older dv6 model, it looks quite nice but according to him its a pain to carry it, otherwise its quite nice !
Earlier DV6 was absolute crap... They were bulky & quite hot.... These being Sandy bridge should be better.. I am unable to get any review yet though... :(

even im not able to get any reviews, after thinking a lot, i think acer 4820tg makes a lot of sense, considering its not having a new sandybridge processor, but 15 480 should also be a monster. i just need to convince myself regarding its build quality !!

Asus A53SJ-SX156D

Intel Huron River i5-2410M (2.3G ,turbo boost to 2.9 with 3MB cache)

4gb DDR3 1333

500 gb 5400

15.6 HD

DOS

BT3.0

GPU - NV GT 520M 1G DDR3 VRAM

guys if i consider buying a 15 inch, then option increase again, there is acer 5750g with nvidia gt540 gpu at around 37k, so its a tough choice again.

neojjjk said:
Asus A53SJ-SX156D

Intel Huron River i5-2410M (2.3G ,turbo boost to 2.9 with 3MB cache)

4gb DDR3 1333

500 gb 5400

15.6 HD

DOS

BT3.0

GPU - NV GT 520M 1G DDR3 VRAM

Where can I find this...

ankitalmighty said:
guys if i consider buying a 15 inch, then option increase again, there is acer 5750g with nvidia gt540 gpu at around 37k, so its a tough choice again.
Trust me, this one's the best you can get, light gaming too. GT520 will shit in front of any game thats the truth, GT540 will provide reasonable fps at low-med settings.

Back