PC Peripherals A query on Samsung p2250

sagar.sdm

Disciple
I bought Samsung P2250 @ 9.3k couple of days back.. I indeed went through some reviews online before buying this.. but, I did not post thread in TE asking for suggestions from TE members...

Anyways, I went through posts here and couldn't find much on P2250 although could a review on P2350. I just wanted to know if this is the best 22" (21.5" to be precise) monitor around 9k. Please lemme know.

I have bought this in advance for the new rig I am gonna buy soon.. may be this weekend.. will post new thread for suggestions for the new rig.

Cheers ! :)

Edit : And when I tried this monitor on my cousin's E7400/HD4670 rig via DVI interface, 720p video playback was slightly pixellated. Does this happen in general ? I tried reinstalling GPU drivers, it did not seem to help much. Any other solution guys ?

^^ thanks madnav, its a relief to know so. I thought may be it is the problem with this monitor. And what is your take on P2250 ? is it good in that segment for 9.3k ?

And this monitor comes with three different options to chose from to alter the response time... and I don't get the use of such option at all.. since IMO lesser response time is always better (2ms > 5ms > 8ms).. any take on this guys ?

Looks wise its a stunner. :D Read somewhere that human eye can detect response time of 7-8ms only. Anything under that makes no big difference and it all feels the same.

ie., You wont notice ghosting in a monitor with 8ms response time or lesser.

So not much of a difference between 2ms and 5ms

sagar.sdm said:
I bought Samsung P2250 @ 9.3k couple of days back.. I indeed went through some reviews online before buying this.. but, I did not post thread in TE asking for suggestions from TE members...

congrats dude! Would be great to have a mini review on this. I'm planning to buy the same model next month, couldn't find much written about it.

My initial impressions were:
+ Looks awesome
+ Reliable (I assume as it's a samsung :bleh:)
- The touch controls wud take some getting used to

In the showroom, it was displayed rt next to a Benq (E2200 i think). While the specs were similar, the samsung looked a bit better.

Karthi007 said:
Looks wise its a stunner. :D Read somewhere that human eye can detect response time of 7-8ms only. Anything under that makes no big difference and it all feels the same.

ie., You wont notice ghosting in a monitor with 8ms response time or lesser.

So not much of a difference between 2ms and 5ms

try playing fifa on a CRT and an LCD and that will change your opinion. :)

you will notice the difference while game is in very fast pace...preferably during counter attack...

It is almost impossible to play fifa on 8ms display... you will feel like the game is lagging...literally..!!

madnav said:
try playing fifa on a CRT and an LCD and that will change your opinion. :)
you will notice the difference while game is in very fast pace...preferably during counter attack...
It is almost impossible to play fifa on 8ms display... you will feel like the game is lagging...literally..!!

I accept about 8ms. But will there be a difference between 2ms and 5ms:huh:

Karthi007 said:
I accept about 8ms. But will there be a difference between 2ms and 5ms:huh:

2ms is generally GTG...(Gray To Gray) the typical response on those panels is most of the times 5ms..

just another gimmick to represent better response. i'm not sure if there are even any panels with 2ms Typical response...

Typical Response: Time required for the pixel to become Full Black/off from Full White and back to Full White again.

GTG Response: Time required for the pixel to Full Black/off from Gray and back to Gray again.

now common sense tells that gtg will always be lower than Typical value.

check the specs again if the 5ms display you are talking about has 5ms Typical :)

most displays that are advised today including most 22/24 inchers from BenQ, Samsung and Dell with 2ms are 2ms GTG display panels :)

Back