A question for Samsung Galaxy GT I5801 users

prohank

Disciple
A question for Samsung Galaxy GT I5801 users.This is the same cell which was on demand for its price on letsbuy so I hope that many of you would have come across this problem and some would also know the solution.

And the problem is; in mobile networks under wireless and network settings there is no "Allow packet data"option.
People who have used GPRS before on other phones might know what is the importance of this option.Inspite of not having that option I managed to connect to internet but now as I could not safely turn off the net many apps
continue to use it and deduct the charges from my main account.
Now the thing is I don't want to uninstall or search for settings in all the apps to not to allow them to connect to net but instead I need an efficient way to disable it.
All the suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

use droid wall gain control over apps. you can allow/deny apps from using the internet.

Also, try apps like switch pro, power control widgets which provide u an easy toggle switch to turn ur data on and off amongst other options

I am using 5801.

1.Disabling Packet data option is available in official Froyo update, I have it. Longpress on power button gives u that option+flight mode+silent+airplane mode option.

2. There is app called apndroid to disable/enable packet data.

Hope this is usefull.

which version are u running. 2.1 or 2.2

as far as i remember i had this option in both.....

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

@reddead-my phone runs on 2.1
But it is GT I5801 and looking at your signature it seems you are talking about GT I5800.However both the models are more or less same it could be a problem with 5801 itself.

@kevin lane-then I guess I will have to shift to froyo after all.i was trying to avoid froyo as I came to know that it had compatibility issues with swype.Have you upgraded your cellphone to 2.2 or it came upgraded.Please let me know.

I will be giving a try to apndroid and juice defender

Thank you very much for your time and help.

^bro my phone is i5801.tapatalk is showing i5800 bcoz of the custom rom iam using....

switch to 2.2 i heard about a new update via kies....

earlier official froyo sucked;dont know about this new one...

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

^^ ya I'll upgrade when I'm sure that it has got no issues.I'm new to android and don't want to mess anything.

Also people suggest to upgrade through odin rather than kies.

Before upgrading I'll manage with apndroid, that's the thing I needed.

Juice defender was good too but it comes second because my primary concern was to disable internet connection and I couldn't find it in juice defender.

Thank you all once more.

Back