A reliable site for buying tablet?

I am on the lookout for a new tablet for my dad.

To ensure that I give him the full Android Experience, I want to get him a 9.7inch screen wala tablet.

Two or three names popped up which were pretty cheap namely the Coby Kyros 10.1 inch tablet, the Bmorn V99 Allwinner and the Onda Vi40 Elite.

The problem with the first one is that it is stuck on 2.3 with no further updates available. The other two, I am facing a problem of availability. If someone could suggest a reliable site from where I could place an order for one of the aforementioned tablets I would be immensely grateful.

Regards,

Shodhanth

Anyone?

Never heard of these names before. Any reson why you want these specific models only?

Have you tried 3rd party shippers like ShopandShip/ ICCWorld / Shopyourworld for quotes on these?

And last question, have you read the reviews of these tablets on cnet and other sites?

These are actually Chinese tablets not that well known in India but pretty well known in Slatedroid and such.
<

It isn't the shipping that is bothering me but the site from where I intend to purchase. Most of these sites have negative reviews and that's what's bothering me. :/

Anyway, I have settled for a Coby Kyros for now. I'll wait till Tuesday if no one suggests a site then I'll go with that.

so where do you intend to purchase it from and what will you do if you need to rma it? i saw just one review on cnet and it say it does not have responsive screen, is slow and has crappy performance.

Which Tablet are you referring to?

RMA? :/

They don't cover hardware damage anyway, so RMA is kinda pointless and I will be little to no modification of firmware so software bugs are out.

Unless there is an 9.7" tablet or 10.1" tablet available in India under 15k, the above three seem to be my only option.

I'd like to get the Onda vi40 elite too, but its only the chinese sites stocking it. What made you consider the coby kyros over Onda, even when the coby is gingerbread? Is it only because of the amazon.com link available for it or something else?

Back