A sexy touchscreen phone for ~12k

1. Q: Budget?
A: 12k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT/OLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Dislike Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen (capacitive only)

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera at least.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android (preferably)/Windows/iOS

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Wifi/GPS

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, browsing and show off. :p

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should look a little sexy, since it's primarily for show off. :(

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Considered the Defy, but need other suggestions too.

I'm open to the idea of getting it from the US through S&S but I'd prefer local purchase.

Thank you! :)

Just recently Galaxy ACE prices are dropped to 13k . After adding the 15% discount coupon for letsbuy you will get this at 12k . So i think @ 12k Galaxy ACE is VFM.

Here are my suggestions. These phones not only match your requirements, it has flashy looks to show it off and also the specs to show that it is indeed a beast inside:

1) Sony Xperia Mini

Specs - Sony Ericsson Xperia mini - Full phone specifications

Price - 12990 rs

Reason to consider:

1) This phone has such a show off factor thanks to its bravia led backlit display packed with good ppi. Plus its a sony ;)

2) The hardware of this phone is off different level. It has high end specs like 1 ghz processor (MSM8255) 2nd generation scorpion with Adrenos 205. So you can play games and show off at the same time.

3) 5 MP Camera with LED flash. This is Sony so expect a good performing camera which is capable of handling 720p video recording with ease.

4) HD video playback, Android 2.3 out of the box.

Reason not to consider:

1) Only gripe is the screen size. Since this is 3.2 inch screen, this might put off some people. But if you are not keen on screen size, then you owe it to yourself to check out this phone.

2) Motorola Defy

Specs - Motorola DEFY - Full phone specifications

Price - 13999 Rs

User thread - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-motorola-defy-thread-191764.html

Reason to consider:

1) Rugged looks. Gorilla Glass screen with good resolution on a 3.7 inch screen

2) Water/dust proof. Want to impress your friends? Get a glass of water, close all the ports (USB, headphone) and dunk it in. Later take it out and use it as if nothing happened :)

3) Excellent processor for day to day activities but an inferior gpu according to current standards for gaming.

4) Reliable and also decent service IMO.

Reason not to consider:

1) No Gingerbread update, so stuck with Android 2.2 unless you know how to mod.

2) No 720p video recording

3) Suspense of waiting to see if you have the red or green lens.

3) Spice Mi-410

Specs - Spice Mi-410 - Full phone specifications

Price - 12999 rs

User thread - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/spice-mi-410-smartphone-1ghz-snapdragon-190441.html

Reason to consider:

1) 4.1 inch screen with good resolution and ppi. So with this bigger screen, watching movies or playing games is easy to your eyes and also provide pleasurable experience.

2) Hardware is incredible - 1 ghz MSM 8255 2nd generation scorpion processor that has Adrenos 205 gpu. So you are covered for current games and also your daily tasks/multitasking is done with ease.

3) Android 2.3 update available

4) 5 MP camera with decent performance and capability of 720p video recording.

5) This phone is a monster and would definitely turn a few head towards your mobile ;)

Reason not to consider:

1) Does not have Gorilla Glass so screen protector is needed

2) Spice branding (But it is only a rebrand of Huawei X6)

Also like mentioned above by "Dark Star" have a look at:

4) HTC Wildfire S

Specs - HTC Wildfire S - Full phone specifications

Price - 13k

Haha thanks guys, keep 'em coming. I'll look into all your suggestions!

The phone is not for me, I'm totally satisfied with my Blade. It's for a very shallow-brained, show-offy (but my best mate nevertheless) friend who wants to blow up his first month's salary. :p
Dark Star, Wildfire S has a relatively poor screen res right? D'you really think it would look good?

paarkhi, I've never actually seen the Spice MI-410, but does it actually "look" good? I've read fellow TE members say it's rater boxy, so hence the doubt.

Any Win 7 phones for this price guys?

Update: aradhakr84, thanks for those new suggestions and the valuable information mate. I'll definitely look into those! :)

JT_daniel said:
paarkhi, I've never actually seen the Spice MI-410, but does it actually "look" good? I've read fellow TE members say it's rater boxy, so hence the doubt.

Look wise it is ok and not so flashy but solidly built and it is only 10mm

Look for Samsung Focus ( I know you mentioned Samsung in not preferred list but it is real vfm). You can import it for around 10k. 4" super amoled is really mouth watering.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

WIldfire S is good, the lower screen resolution doesn't show at all because of the lesser screen size. However, I would recommend the Spice Mi410 or the Motorola Defy, whichever can be had for cheaper

Mi 410 sure is sexy. It is metallic,comes in brownish hue which is still pretty rare and also slim and straight edged,but then I always liked phones that resemble HD2,

BTW you can also try finding a decent deal for SE X10 original in white.Looks really great in white,has excellent screen and camera + flaunt value

Drawback is poor battery life

aka911 said:
Mi 410 sure is sexy. It is metallic,comes in brownish hue which is still pretty rare and also slim and straight edged,but then I always liked phones that resemble HD2,

BTW you can also try finding a decent deal for SE X10 original in white.Looks really great in white,has excellent screen and camera + flaunt value

Drawback is poor battery life

+1 for Spice Mi-410

Back