Video A sony 40" lcd for 50k with b&w!! Wat say?

So heres the story,

someone we know has a electronics store and we need to take money from them.. and when we had a talk with them he said come and pick up a sony 40" tv instead .. my dad dint ask bout the model or anything but he just ended the conversation there thinking hel ask me an then decide..

so now the deal is i dont know which model it is .. im assuming its KLV-40S200A/B cause it says 70k on the website an its the cheapest 40" in sony india website.. so any1 has any ideas about it?? on paper config seems decent wit res @ 1366 x 768, 1080i capable, 500cd/m2 brightness an a contrast off 1300:1 (which i believe is the onscreen an not digital as advertised by other brands)..

another deal is i dont have any place to keep another big tv.. this one would probably go on my study table .. which i dont mind since i dont use it anyways.. :eek:hyeah:

so wat do u guys say.. lemme know soon.. cause i would most probably go 2 his place tomo an would have 2 decide for sure by tat time wat i wanna do.. only b**ch of a prob is i dont know the model :mad: an now if i call him an ask him hell just tell me im sending it an if u like it keep it an then out of formality we would have to keep it :no: .. (tas wat had kinda happened when i bought a phone off him last he dint tell me the price but to just take it home an tat hel send the bill to dads office)

Edit: he also mentioned about a nokia e65 (1 month old) with b& remaining warranty @ 50% the current price .. so im assuming it to be bout 7k.. although i dont need a phone but in case, how is it??

So pour in ur replies people and help me decide asap.. :S

my suggestion is dude do some research b4 picking up the lcd. v series is the old one . new one is S & X series. so he might be giving you the old stock.

yeah.. tas wat im thinking aswell.. but if any1's used the old one , how good or bad is it?? and i think its the old s series.. i remmember reading a couple of threads here of people buying it.. so was just wondering if it is worth buying today @ the above price?

uhhh.. chucked the idea.. went to his store today an saw the tv.. its had worse picture quality tan a 3 yr old ibm lcd monitor i sometimes use to watch movies onin ta office..:p !! ahhggg.. wanted a big screen for my room..!!

Back