A sticky situation.......

Ok... see this is the issue.......

My cousin is in US and he doing his final semester MS in Texas A&M....and he has 2 offers rightnow in his hand from which he needs to decide which one he is gonna take in a couple of days... say a weeks time... Now the job is in US...

The reason i am posting it here is because he has got an offer from INTEL and AMD....... :) - i wish i did and so would a lot... but then... back to the subject... the AMD offer is better than Intels by say 10% (money :D) :hap2:

The problem he faces is.... some say AMD is better few Intel.... and he has already had done some internship in Intel and impressed lots of ppl, likes the group he has worked with and friends there... so he feels he has a better chance of growing there... whereas AMD is new to him

So which one do you think...AMD or Intel ?:huh:

I too would say Intel.

Though i personally love AMD than Intel but here its ur cousin and since he has

already worked with intel would be more comfortable at Intel.

Many times you keep outright compelled and tend to follow the bigger bull (in this case Intel.) But more often than not, the sheer size of the organization acts as a deterrent in terms of growth prospects because along with you there are atleast 1000 others looking to get the same job. So the odds are tough. However, when the company is relatively smaller, your work gets noticed and the growth and the salary come much quicker.

So i would say AMD.

Just my 2 cents .....

Better Intel, even though AMD is competitive. also he also has the work experience so better AMD. I'm not exactly qualified to say what he should do. But this is what i feel.

Thanks guys...:) really helpful i can see really honest answers despite your liking towards AMD...do keep the choices and your reasons coming in.... i'm giving this link to my cousin... let him take the final decision...

THANKS A LOT PPL!!........this is what my cousin decided in the end....

Attachments

• 391amd.jpg
    391amd.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 37
He'd probably be reading this now... i dunno... i gave him this thread link :D. Anyways Thanks a lot vince.. will let him know TE's regards....(already done from my end)

Back