CPU/Mobo A7N8X-X new uber bios

undertaker

Skilled
Well,as many of us already know the A7N8X-X isn't stable over 200mhz esp. when using 10 or 10.5 multipliers.Infact for me it didn't even boot.This bios linked here solves all that,works like a charm. :cool2: Finally running 10x203 stable.Earlier with the official bios I could never boot with the 10 multiplier.And my FSB was limited to 205 which I couldn't use as the cpu of mine tops out at 2.1ghz at 1.7v and I am not pumping more voltage into it.
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=351278
PS:Yes the A7N8X is now way obsolete but many still use it and a free performance jump(going from 182mhz fsb to 203mhz like in my case is a significant jump) is always welcome.

@inzider,its more stable than the stock bios.Whoever coded this bios is a genius.I can now boot at 225 fsb!And as for stable overclocks I could go from 11x182 to 10x203(Goldmemory stress test pass) leading to a significant boost.All multipliers are available now.For any A7N8X owner this bios is a must.There are versions for the A7N8X/DEL. also on the same forum.
And I using the 1T bios,with the 2T bios you could higher still. :cool2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lemmme know how it goes :) I'll flash ina couple of days. I had read on those forums that there was a possible stability issue. The dude had said that it could have been due to faulty rams, but then again, an issue is an issue :)

10X206 passed! 207 failed but I'm not disappointed at all coz if I lower timings from 2.5-3-3-11 to something like 3-4-4-11 I may hit 220+!But its better at 206,2.5-3-3-11.My KVR333 stick is probably holding me back since the rest of the 1GB ram is Hynix D43.
Thats 24mhz more on the fsb just due to bios change!
And no stability issues here,may be the 2T bios is unstable ,but no random reboots for me.
Morale of the story:Since this altered bios is based on the DFI one ,I'm buying DFI from now on.This bios should have been made available by ASUS long time ago.I even sent them a mail about multipliers not working but they sent me a 'standard' repsonse.Now a geek working on his own comes up with a bios like this;reflects badly on ASUS.
No wonder the DFI nf2 reaches 250fsb with ease!
So any A7N8X-X users here,I'm sure there must be atleast 2-3 more on this forum get this bios ASAP.

Attachments

• 206 fsb.jpg
    206 fsb.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 123
Back