PC Peripherals A8N SLI Premium ... Heating issue...

Rahul

Skilled
hi guys just got the mobo from Rashi ..... currently running it with 4MB PCI graphics card ....

problem is the chipset temparature is too high ..... in bios it shows between 44-48*c ..... actually i am using ASUS starice kooler so there is no air going onto the heatsink (heatsink is on the mosfets) ..... i have removed the air pipe and applied AS5 on the chipset and on the mosfets .....

there was some crap paste from ASUS ......i don't know wat was that, but it was too sticky pink color substance very hard to remove..

anyways back on the topic how to cool the chipset ..... its too hot i can't even touch that ....

if you post a hi-res , closeup pic of the m/b in its current state in ur case then we would be in a better position to respond.

okie deejay willl do that ..... tonyt :)

EDIT:- can't promise hi res pics ..... i have only 7610 for this purpose .... di-gi cam is at home :(

well since its fanless cooling i guess you could expect high temps, unless you want to replace the nb cooler with an aftermarket one..

maybe ask rashi if they'd help you source a nb cooler with a fan. or if you have any coolermaster distros near you ask for a blue ice. its pretty shitty but it may be better than a fanless one.

or you could look at old or spoilt mobos and see if you can salvage a fan ;)

by the way is there an exhaust fan in your case near the top heatsink of the heatsink ? doesnt that help any ?
edit : apparently theres a new version of the coolermaster nb cooler , comes with heatpipes and stuff :p

Dont worry about the chipset temp.

NF4 U and NF4 SLI chipsets do run hot. My A8N SLI Dlx used to be around 45C and even my DFI is around 40-45C temp if my AC if off.

NF4 does get hot. But 44-48C is nothing to be worried about.

Heh my NF3 250 reached upto 52 under load when pumped with 1.8V. After i put a 40mm fan on it, the temps dropped to something like 45-46.

bottle said:
well since its fanless cooling i guess you could expect high temps, unless you want to replace the nb cooler with an aftermarket one..

WHat do u mean?
My Asus P5LD2 is fanless and runs at 34 Degrees Celcius.

With a overly hot CPU and Gfx Card.

Yours is intel chipset. This is NF4 chipset.

Both are different. NF4 is known to run hot. But that dosent affect its life or performance much.

rahul said:
there was some crap paste from ASUS ......i don't know wat was that, but it was too sticky pink color substance very hard to remove..

comes with all ASUS mobos :p use tons of nail polish remover to remove it...

i get sunon 40mm and 60mm fans here..will serve the purpose...

Problem solved actually when i removed the HS assembley ..... i just bend the HS a little bit so it was not touching the chip properly .... i again removed it make it right refitted it and after that is working fine its even better than the fan solution .....now temps are always between 33-38*c ..... never exceeds that ... so i think ASUS has done a good job ..

Back