AA Battery Suggestions

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
I need some suggestions and advice from you folks regarding the best option option for AA batteries for my Sony Cybershot DSC-S930.

I was shocked to see the default batteries running out in just 2 days of use. I took about 94 images @7MP mode. Is it normal for the batteries to run out in such a short time? BTW I used flash for all these images.

I tried inserting normal Eveready AA batteries, but it (camera) wouldn't even turn ON with them. So what are the ideal rechargeable batteries which I could buy which would last longer?

anup_ja

Disciple
Jul 14, 2009
Sanyo Eneloop are the best possible pic avilable in the market. Mediahome giving it at 650 INR shipped for 4AA size pack. Plz check the thread.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Where can I get a compatible charger for them? Also are they confirmed working with my camera's model number?

anup_ja

Disciple
Jul 14, 2009
Eneloop comes with Hybrid technology i.e NiMH + Alkaline = Hybrid. It holds the charge better and for longer period of time. Currently we have 2000 mAh batt which runs with almost all the cameras and heard beating 2700 mAh other brand NiMh batt.
For charger you can go for La Corsse BC-900 cost you around 2500 INR. which is the best avilable in the market. It comes with lods of fetures. you can google it out for more information :)

anup_ja

Disciple
Jul 14, 2009
because they are not able to provide the desire current for your camera. Try using duracell alkaline batt. Definatly it will work :)

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Aug 11, 2009
Austin,TX
Eneloop are really good batteries, however you need to invest on a good charger to maintain battery life.
The charger that comes with it is a quick charger and they push in more current to the battery while charging. If you are a frequent user of the rechargeable battery then go for La-crosse BC-9009. The quick charger will destroy your battery....

Doremon

Adept
Jun 17, 2009
Oil city!
anup_ja said:
Sanyo Eneloop are the best possible pic avilable in the market. Mediahome giving it at 650 INR shipped for 4AA size pack. Plz check the thread.
Nice info anup. thanks. may I have the link of that thread to explore further. I tried hard to locate it but failed.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
kishore.chander said:
The charger that comes with it is a quick charger and they push in more current to the battery while charging. If you are a frequent user of the rechargeable battery then go for La-crosse BC-9009. The quick charger will destroy your battery....
Are you sure it's a quick charger? It's an official Sanyo charger and is not mentioned that it's a quick charger anywhere on it. Also the La-Crosse is out of my budget.

Also I read this in the Eneloop FAQS:
Can I use a "Quick Charger" to charge an eneloop battery?

Though it is possible to charge an eneloop battery in a "Quick Charger", it is not recommended. We recommend charging eneloop batteries in a NiMh charger that is 2 hours or more. Charging eneloop batteries in a "Quick Charger" can reduce the overall life of the battery. It is strongly recommended to use eneloop, Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery chargers. We only warrant eneloop if used with an eneloop, Sanyo or Sanyo NiMh battery charger.

Doremon

Adept
Jun 17, 2009
Oil city!
great. can this eneloop be get in local market?

Wanna buy for my LZ10 Panasonic dig camera. In Panasonic manual, AA Ni-MH (nickel metal hydride) batteries recommended as usable batteries. I assume Eneloop is ok here.

anup_ja

Disciple
Jul 14, 2009
Yes eneloop will give you more shots per charging cycle for sure. These batt are avilable localy but not everywhere. Croma also dont keep these batt when i checked few days back. :(

Konquerror

Adept
Nov 7, 2009
Bangalore
pranavprakash.net
Ethan_Hunt said:
Perfect. That's the reason I was looking for. Can you explain it in detail perhaps?

BTW I just ordered this from Ebay: eBay India: New Sanyo Charger + 4pcs 2000 mAh NiMH Eneloop Battery (item 220524379250 end time 08-Jan-2010 19:53:46 IST)

Hope this was a good deal. This should prove useful for my Xbox 360 wireless controller too.

Yes..that's is a good deal...congrats for your purchase :)

Rest be assured...it's not quick charger...see the charging time...it's 8-10 hr for Eneloop...

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Konquerror said:
Yes..that's is a good deal...congrats for your purchase :)

Rest be assured...it's not quick charger...see the charging time...it's 8-10 hr for Eneloop...
PHEW! That was a close one. I knew it was not the quick charger as the quick charger is the one which has 'Quick Charger' tagged in front and also mentions 2hrs charging time. ;)

Thanks for all your help guys. It's really good that member like you help us camera newbies out. :)