AAP's Delhi #SwarajBudget : Thoughts? + Almost 5months now.

Phenomenal

Disciple
So,today Mr. Sisodia presented Delhi's Annual Budget for 2015-16
I wasn't able to watch the complete video due to issues with http://webcast.nic.in/delhiassembly/
Anyway,the highlights are here :
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/politic...ls-it-countrys-1st-swaraj-budget-1011702.html

Wanted to know how the folks working in finance,living in Delhi and/or part or dealing with any kind of government organization would analyze this budget.
Any financial expert analysis would also be appreciated.

The numbers allocated to sectors like Education,Health are really motivating but how would a financial analyst or someone who knows how to analyze these figures in terms of :
a)contributing to growth of Delhi's economy.
b)direct benefits to the people of the NCT of Delhi.
c)improvement in governance

Also AAP Govt has completed almost 5 months since Feb 2015.
Any personal stories,incidents or experience you've come across or even heard from people you would normally trust would be really interesting to know - both positive and not-so-positive ones.

Disclaimer : I do not live in Delhi or any of its neighboring states :p
I do agree with most of the ideas Mr. Kejriwal and his team have put forth,most importantly the need to change the system from within.

Last edited:
As much as 12% of the budget allocation will be given back to the Centre against the loans taken in the past

The expenditure plan for FY2015-16 is of Rs 41,129 crore, says Sisodia.

Tax worth Rs 26,604 crore was collected this financial year, says Sisodia.

I will spend time on the budget later on the weekend, as I want to see how and where is he planning to derive income from, what will be the various sources, current year actual collections and next year predictions. But, debt hurts, really bad, and comes slowly. I guess we will know soon enough in case of AAP.

A small change I have noticed, that may or may not have to do with AAP. I commute to Gurgaon (where my office is) from Delhi every working day. There is an MCD toll collection point on the Delhi-Gurgaon border (to collect toll from all commercial vehicles entering Delhi). Before, it used to be virtually unmanned, and taxis would frequently speed through to avoid paying the toll (I have personally experienced this a few times when I used my office cab). Now however, barricades have been put up to slow traffic, and there are more than a dozen people are stationed there for catching cabs without MCD toll tax stickers.

^^ at Sirhaul, Kapashera or MG Road? however, nothing to do with AAP. they get lenient sometimes... maybe their workforce was on summer vacations :p

Back