PC Peripherals Abit IP35-E and Video

Oh!
I was planning on getting a graphics card a little after I setup my rig.
I suppose I can't do that or may need to get another motherboard now. :(

Dude P stands for performance, no PC enthusiast rely on onboard video, so no onboard included. less manufacturing cost and high overclocking potential.

Yes all P945, P65, P35, X48 etc have no onboard video, only G series support like DG33FB etc.

Boot_Comp said:
Hmm.....
I'll have to revisit my budget now.
Any suggestions on a C2Q system for within 45K?

Q6600 G0 = 10.5k
Abit IP35-E = 5.5k
Transcend 2GB DDR2 667MHz 2k
Seagate 250GB SATA2 ST3250310AS/ST3250410AS = 2.8k
XFX 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 = 5.7k
Cooler Master Extreme 600W SMPS = 3.4k
Cooler Master Elite 330 Cabinet = 1.8k
Dell E198WFP 19" LCD = 10-11k

Alternatives - Sapphire HD3850 10k (KMD), Transcend AXE RAM 800MHz 3.4k approx (KMD), Zebronics Bijli ATX 1.1k

10.5 k - q6600
biostar p35 - 4.5 k
2 gb 800 mhz - 2.2 k
8800gt - 14 k
19'lcd - 10 k

u will be left with 3 k more for your PSU cabinet keyboard mouse etc etc. not possible which is not possible considering you want a high end GPU else u can get a a cheaper processor and may be squeeze in things

Thanks folks.
Would also require a UPS within that. Was thinking of APC but I think that would be too costly now (as I also require a DVD drive).
Any suggestions on good, affordable alternatives?
Or else may have to wait about 2-3 months more. :(

wait if u can . waiting will always give u something better . else u can get a other wise very decent rig also even now. or wait a bit 60 k u will have a dam good rig with a nice GPU CPU mobo etc etc

I was thinking of getting a Quad because I will not be upgrading the proc of this rig for at least another 3 to 4 yrs (and I expect to benefit from 4 cores by that time).
If the 45nm Duo is going to cost as much as a current Quad then wouldn't it make more sense to get a Quad in this case?
TIA

See man Q6600 will remain best bang for buck even after Penryn launch, 9 multi is big bonus, U can achieve 3.6GHz easily with proper cooling.

Buy E2140 @ 2.4k, OC to 3GHz on stock cooler (Performance =E6750@stock) and use it, then later upgrade to E8400 or Quad core.

For gaming U need to concentrate more on GPU, Quad will only help U in benchmarks, I m using E2140 with 8800GT, no CPU bottleneck, yeah its OCed to 3.4GHz which gives me 10% more performance than E6850 which costs 11k. U will spend 45k on rig with 8600GT, ma 40k rig (check siggy) will score double in gaming.

Boot_Comp said:
I was thinking of getting a Quad because I will not be upgrading the proc of this rig for at least another 3 to 4 yrs (and I expect to benefit from 4 cores by that time).
If the 45nm Duo is going to cost as much as a current Quad then wouldn't it make more sense to get a Quad in this case?
TIA

Actually I was thinking of getting a E4500 (as that was the cheapest I could find so far) instead of the Quad for now and doing what you have suggested.
Thanks for the post, this makes my choice look better now. :)
If anyone is aware of a cheaper Duo available in B'lore please post with the location.

Its not good time to buy E4500, E8400 will launch @ 183$ (Current price of E6750), 7.5k INR in 2 weeks. 2.5k more investment is worthy, 6MB cache man, 9 multi, 4GHz is always possible. :eek:hyeah:

Boot_Comp said:
Actually I was thinking of getting a E4500 (as that was the cheapest I could find so far) instead of the Quad for now and doing what you have suggested.
If anyone is aware of a cheaper Duo available in B'lore please post with the location.

Its not good time to buy E4500, E8400 will launch @ 183$ (Current price of E6750), 7.5k INR in 2 weeks. 2.5k more investment is worthy, 3GHz 6MB cache man, 9 multi, 4GHz is always possible. :eek:hyeah:

Boot_Comp said:

No the proc I will be getting by Feb is just for until I save enough for a Quad.
Considering that, I think the cheapest Duo I could get should be enough for now (3 to 4 months probably).

Back