CPU/Mobo Abit IP35-e or MSI Neo2-FR?

kkndka

Adept
Guys,
pls help me choose a mobo for my new rig.
I got 2gigs of transcend AxeRam ddr-800
an e2140 and a LEadtek 7900GTX.
The NEo2-FR is available for 7k locally.
the ip35-e is 5.5k.
which board do u think i shud go for?

Do u intend to run dual graphics cards later, ie crossfire? If yes then the MSI, otherwise definitely the abit, very good board and as its cheaper as well

Biostar P35 one if no crossfire (cheapest :) ) else Neo2 FR

EDIT: Get the neo2 fr as you'll be the first on the community..we would also get a good member review

the second pcie slot is rated at 4x,so if you get crossfire the second card will be greatly hampered in performance.
if you're sold out on solid caps,gigabyte ds3l has them too and at a cheaper price,i would suggest that if you are not planning to go the quad way soon.

Hey karan,

try d reviews abt d neo.. Never heard any of d TE users using it..

Whereas d e2140 shud do an excellent overclocking on d IP35 E.. The board has some decent bios updates to support the wolfies.. :)

i give one option msi is best if you want it has best heat piper cooler but you can push some fsb higher i read some review or you stick p35 biostart if you budget

btw i have done so far max 4.2 ghz stable using e4500 at giyabyte board where it show my signature thread at stock fan i use 3.87 stable

so i got thermal ultra 120 mm fan from gannu_rox so thank you my giaybyte board give many tweak oc

btw how max abit ip35 can oc ? using e4300 or e2140 ? :p

my board is arriving today.

once it comes. I'm ready to give my board to someone so they can do a shootout between the abit ip35-e, the gigabyte ds3l and my board to decide which is the best budget board .

The board is like any other p35 chipset board, Running my e2140 at 3.4ghz currently , got it from Member Punjab234 ,gonna update the bios to 1.83 beta and see if it helps in Oc'ing my RAM any better.

CPU-Z Validator 2.1

Karan, Careful while updating it and dont do it thru windows..

Get a USB driv n do it.. :)

Looking fer benchies from tat combo.. :)

Back