CPU/Mobo ABIT iP35-E Problems

aslugani

Disciple
OKay.. i attached everything.. the abit screen comes up.. and then it says i have this this .. ram and stuff

the windows bootup screen comes up.. then a blue screen flashes and system resets??

any idea why this is happening..

Post UR whole system config, RAM brand and model. CPU etc etc, Overclocking or no overclocking all details.

If U r using new mobo on old XP, then U need to format C drive and install fresh XP.

Its a new ABIT ip35 -e mobo i bought yesterday and bought 2 gb of ram

Pentium 3ghz

abit ip35e

2x1gb 800mhz elixir

the mobo is not in the cabby yet .. coz i just wanted to test if it works..

The boot is all fine ... so there is no porblem with ram or anything coz it works fine till the windows boot up screen

and then suddenly a bluescreen flashes and back to reset

the PSU is the one i have been using with my other mobos..

i dont think psu is a problem coz then it wont have bootup at all..

i think ther is something with CMOS settings.. the HDD has windows installed already and was being used in the older mobo (intel)

Please help

its not fresh install .. its the same install that was with my old mobo/// the windows is installed.. its when that boot up screen comes up (the one with a bar moving) .. a blue screen flashes and resets..

As per my experience XP won't boot with the new mobo......i also switched for this board a week ago and XP restats after the boot screen (don't remember if there's a blue screen though). Vista worked fine....out with the old drivers, in with the new and all's good. I personally haven't gotten to reinstalling XP as i don't use it anyways.

Apart from requiring a fresh install of XP, the only other possibility could be RAM troubles (perhaps voltage or dividers incorrectly set) so check that out too.

i transferred everything back to my old mobo .. and now the old mobo also wont work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!

what can be the problem.. the old mobo doesnt een comes up with the very 1st screen !!

try the ram sticks one by one...

in my old system one of the 2 sticks was dead so it would work for a few minutes and the BSOD....

when i tried them one by one,one was working fine and other wouldnt work at all

This problem is definitely due to your old drivers. Install a fresh copy and the problem will be 100% solved:D . Guaranteed.:cool2:

What is the problem you are having with your old board?

Back