CPU/Mobo ABit IP35 PRO is it good as the reviews suggest?

anievil27

Disciple
hey guys m purchasing this motherboard. can u guys tell me weather its good or should i go in for something else? my budget is max 10k and can anyone plz tell me how to correctly install a intel q6600 on it. :)

thanx for the info guys. can anyone describe how to correctly install a intel q6600 on this board and whats with the powersupply issue?

get it done by a PC Hardware engineer or someone who really knows how to install the processor on the mobo.if u don't know how to do it or r not sure how to go abt doing it....then don't install the processor on the mobo.you cud end up breaking the processor. so don't take the risk if u donno.:)

Yes this mobo rocks.

What type of question is this man, read manual if U r assembling PC first time. There r several guides for DIY assembling, search GOOGLE.

What power supply issue?? Oh U heard that some mobos dont like Corsair SMPS, right??

Plz take local assemblers help, one bend can void warranty.

anievil27 said:
thanx for the info guys. can anyone describe how to correctly install a intel q6600 on this board and whats with the powersupply issue?

the p35 E is a better overclocker than the Pro version, so if u dont plan to stress the components so much then E is more than enough for even an avid gamer.

How is the IP35 board (without the pro)? Im going to build a C2D comp for my friend around end of Jan and have option of getting IP35 or IP35 Pro. The reason I cant go with IP35-E is lack of firewire support which my friend needs.

IP35 aka Dark Raider is good mobo, Solid caps around CPU. NashX is using, u can ask him.

random2 said:
How is the IP35 board (without the pro)? Im going to build a C2D comp for my friend around end of Jan and have option of getting IP35 or IP35 Pro. The reason I cant go with IP35-E is lack of firewire support which my friend needs.

The IP35 is a great board minus the LED and the all SSC ..The IP35 has half of the board filled wit SSC.

Not had an issue wit it till date a worthwhile buy.

@ Nash - Thanx, didnt realize that it doesnt have all SSC. Have left the option to friend.

@ anievil27 - Go for the best that fits your requirement. If I had the money and need for it I would get the Pro. Regd installing the procy, search for it on youtube, you will find videos. And sorry for hijacking your thread for a bit.

memnom said:
the p35 E is a better overclocker than the Pro version, so if u dont plan to stress the components so much then E is more than enough for even an avid gamer.

so u mean to say p35-e is morely preffered in case of good overclocking

it depends on the definition of "Good Overclocking", it doesn't have SSC and except that and the Active cooling its the Pro version , the active cooling is not that active, it unnecessarily takes the NB heat over to the SB.

if u want medium to high and stable overclocking then E is more than enough.

@ anievil27 - Go for the best that fits your requirement. If I had the money and need for it I would get the Pro. Regd installing the procy, search for it on youtube, you will find videos. And sorry for hijacking your thread for a bit. no problem man

so guys according to you overclocking my q6600 to around 3GHz wouldnt be a problem with the IP35 E board? so i would rather save some money and go in for that.

Its double post, not reboot. Many P965/P35 mobos have this bug, issue etc. Its not bad in reallity, how many times U reboot UR PC in 1day. I start PC @ morning and shutdown/hibernate @ night, so its not a issue for me.

Abit is working hard, they resolved this issue in BIOS 14 if U dont disonnect SMPS from main power but it started to reset FSB to 200MHz on startup, now I reverted back to 12, it double post but ma BIOS settings r intact. Dunno abt Dark Raider.

anievil27 said:
hey @Nash do you have any Double Reboot Issues with this board?

Back