Graphic Cards About catalyst control center

ashebouy

Disciple
I recently installed msi r5750.
its shows an error of catalyst control center after installing it. How can i rectify it?

What is the work of CCC?

Can i play games without it working?

Thanks

The drivers work without ccc,u can play games and stuff,but if you try to open ccc-catalyst control center it will show an error or just not open,the work of ccc is various setting like clocks ,res,blah,blah,etc,you can get rid of this prob by uninstalling drivers and running driver sweeper in safe mode and installing latest/working driverx.

ashebouy said:
I recently installed msi r5750.

its shows an error of catalyst control center after installing it. How can i rectify it?

What is the work of CCC?

Can i play games without it working?

Thanks

What error did it show?

You need the drivers . iinm CCC is like a control panel where you can adjust the video settings etc.

It says command line interface has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I uninstalled it....cleared all the files including the registry and downloaded the latest driver. But it still show the same problem

impulse1992 said:
Is it necessary to hav catalyst control manager running in background??
Does it improve game performance??
No nothing like that, Nvidia drivers are better scripted have no idea that how much it affects though :( hope this helped :)

It is not mandatory to have CCC running/installed. But it sure as hell helps to monitor the adapter and make quick changes for display/graphics setting. Which driver version did you install. Download the full package -- should be around 45-50MB from the ATI website, and let it install all the components. Else let us know, will help out.

Downloaded Drive Sweeper from two websites....after installation both are showing error.

Guess have to start from the first...ie., format and install everything again

during start up press F8 & select the vga booting option unstall catalyst manager

then using driver sweeper or driver cleaner clean/delete the drivers

then dl the new ccc v10.10 & install

ashebouy said:
Downloaded Drive Sweeper from two websites....after installation both are showing error.

Guess have to start from the first...ie., format and install everything again
You mean even Driver Sweeper is not executing upon double click..? Did you try in safe mode.

Back