Storage Solutions about HDD partition..

audio

Disciple
hello frnds,

I have 160gb sata hdd on which win 7 32 bit is running.it has 4 partitions, in which c: is the local one.now due to lots of heavy application installed, c drive is almost full.one of my remaining 3 drive is empty.so i want to merge my c: drive with the less empty one. or increase the space of the local drive i.e c: without losing my application and data on both drive. is it possible??if yes then how?

and I am purchasing 2nd hdd of 1tb capacity.so I want to keep both the hdd, os will boot from the 1st one as usual and 2nd one for storage purpose. so how can I achieve that??

thanx

check this link, you can do it within Windows7 :

[video]http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&v ed=0CCYQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2F watch%3Fv%3DutUvkgKAtKU&ei=kg6QUIuiH4qXhQfkh4GwAg& usg=AFQjCNHNDG81vF_tTNltgkc28WP2n4u1CA&sig2=FE3EGo DNen_kegor0sB6aQ[/video]

in control panel type>create and format hard disk partitions,open the tool that comes and in that merge whatever partitions you want(the tool is pretty self-explanatory,if you want specific help within it,come and post back here).also,insert your second HDD as-is,and again go into the same tool and you will see it only there for the first time and you will find the option to format it,if the tool presents options of formatting,choose GPT(the other one will be MBR),then you will see your drive in windows too.(and dn't worry about the way your PC will boot after you install 2nd HDD,everything will be the same,you can even install another OS on that second HDD,of course shrink it into another partition first of suitable size,and dual boot from it.as simple as that,your PC will not confuse between bootloaders,dnt worry,leave everything as-is.)and i am quite aware of my horrible editing on this page,it's just that its is pretty late now and my neck hurts,so please bear with me,for now.

^ Win 7's disk management utility does not support merging partitions. You only have the option of deleting a partition and then extending another partition over the newly unallocated space.

Back