About inexpensive UPSes

That means 1600/- for one unit, right? Where can I get it at this price?
I'm planning on buying a UPS just for a set of 2 routers. How much backup can I expect?
Yes, it's 1600 rupees each. Got it from local shop (Intex dealer). Online it's expensive, maybe 500-700 rs. extra. As per specifications you can expect 15 minutes backup for 100 watt load.

This is probably same as intex and cyberpower ut2200e
Can't be same as UT2200e as that is rated at 2200va whereas this one is at 600va.. :p but I get your point.

I went for cyberpower as there are many posts on reddit with positive feedback albeit for their pure sine wave model (cp1500pfclcd) and a few posts for ut2200e as well. Second choice was APC 1100va one but it was expensive and didn't have particularly stellar feedback and I wanted to get a UPS with not very bad reputation and highest VA in my budget.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I'm still looking for a UPS. I live in a state capital but it's a relatively small city in a remote region. In the present circumstances, most sellers at sources like Amazon don't ship UPSes to my area, probably because the weight-to-price ratio is unfavourable. Flipkart has stopped shipping anything to my area for quite some time.

I've found a couple of local shops that have entry-level UPSes - Frontech for 2300/- and Intex for 2100/-. I guess I'll have to go for one of these.

I bought an APC BX1100C from Amazon for about Rs. 7000. I have absolutely zero complaints running two monitors, router and my Mid-Tower ATX rig with RTX 3070. Also, that whole shebang about buying pure sinewave UPSes for PSUs with active PFC components seems something that average consumers can overlook and continue to use the simulated sinewave UPS models.

For routers, dedicated router ups makes better sense. Smaller and they provide much better backup (several hours)
I have 2 routers, ont and main router, which I need the backup for. A good router ups costs around 1400/- but i'll have to buy 2. And this ups will cost 1600/- which will be sufficient for both the routers.
Pease tell me if I have better alternative here.

@nitin_g3 what's your exact requirement ?, be more specific. This Rs. 1600 Intex or Artis 600VA ups will provide a backup of 75mins for a combined load of 2 routers (20W total, just guessing).

@nitin_g3 what's your exact requirement ?, be more specific. This Rs. 1600 Intex or Artis 600VA ups will provide a backup of 75mins for a combined load of 2 routers (20W total, just guessing).
I was going with any of the UPSs suggested by you, but @greenhorn suggested other options. Just checking all the options before I finalize and buy anything, that's all.

Requirements:
Router 1: 12v 1.5 amp
Router 2: 12v 1 amp

Should be able to get at least 1.5 hours of backup on both the routers.

As claimed by the manufacturer (Intex), it provides 15 min backup for 100W load, so in your case expect 50min for both routers ON.
for more than 50 mins either go with 1000/1100 VA UPS or 2 x 600 VA

I wasn't too picky about the brands. I bought the cheapest ones, waited for a deal to be available and got them cheap. There is a deal going on in Amazon for a 12v 1a one right now for 850. I did buy a regular ups (zebronics cu 5013 optimised for smaller loads ) for my access points which are the plug into mains type, but am not using them because their size restricts placement options

I wasn't too picky about the brands. I bought the cheapest ones, waited for a deal to be available and got them cheap. There is a deal going on in Amazon for a 12v 1a one right now for 850. I did buy a regular ups (zebronics cu 5013 optimised for smaller loads ) for my access points which are the plug into mains type, but am not using them because their size restricts placement options

how much are these cheap ones. I was looking at resonate and smaller battery sized ups's for modems and routers

Usually you can get them in the 1.1 to 1.2k range. The deal for 850 was pretty good but it's now out of stock. Wait for the next one I guess

I was going with any of the UPSs suggested by you, but @greenhorn suggested other options. Just checking all the options before I finalize and buy anything, that's all.

Requirements:
Router 1: 12v 1.5 amp
Router 2: 12v 1 amp

Should be able to get at least 1.5 hours of backup on both the routers.
For my router 12V 1.5 amp? , I am using this UPS. Gives about 3-4 hours backup. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08FGNPQ9X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Edit: It was on sale for 1000 INR. Normal price is 1500.
Edit2: The normal UPS would always trip, and the router would reset on power cuts. So, got this. I also have 2 APC 600VA UPS for my partner and me for our home work setups

Last edited:
I need to buy an inexpensive UPS for a second computer but I haven't kept myself up-to-date about UPSes for a long time. Is APC still the premium brand? What is your experience/opinion about cheaper brands like Zebronics, Microtek, Foxin, Artis, Luminous, etc etc.?
Ive been using the APC Back-UPS BE700Y for a really long time , ive used for for many years and then it stopped working so i bought another, no issues and working well and does the job , powers my Corsair VS650 in my PC and also my gaming monitor by samsung

I bought an APC BX1100C from Amazon for about Rs. 7000. I have absolutely zero complaints running two monitors, router and my Mid-Tower ATX rig with RTX 3070. Also, that whole shebang about buying pure sinewave UPSes for PSUs with active PFC components seems something that average consumers can overlook and continue to use the simulated sinewave UPS models.
Sorry for asking here. I got the same APC BX1100 ups few days ago, while connected to main power supply the ups top remains hot in both power button ON and OFF condition. Yours also the same ? Please reply

Sorry for asking here. I got the same APC BX1100 ups few days ago, while connected to main power supply the ups top remains hot in both power button ON and OFF condition. Yours also the same ? Please reply
I have had 2 APC RS1100. And they stay hot no matter if you are using them or not.

Back