AC foam cleaning service by Urbancompany

So its been a long time since I serviced my 1.5ton split AC. Last time I called the brands own customercare and the guy who came just took out the filter from the indoor unit and washed it under a tap, and dusted the outdoor unit with a cloth.

Should I go with brand's own services or should I opt for Urbancompany's service- They have a foam cleaning service thing for 900rs and foam + anti-rust cleaning for 1000rs. Don't really know much about this foam cleaning thing..could it be somehow be harmful or reduce the life of the ac in the long run?

AC was bought in 2019. Model - MIdea 1.5ton 5 star split ac

So its been a long time since I serviced my 1.5ton split AC. Last time I called the brands own customercare and the guy who came just took out the filter from the indoor unit and washed it under a tap, and dusted the outdoor unit with a cloth.
You can do these things on your own. The indoor filter should be cleaned at least every month or so in any case.

Your AC must be out of warranty by now, so there's no need to stick with the brand. Their guys do a shoddy job anyway. I tried them only once and then looked after the ACs myself at the risk of losing the warranty.

These days service guys use pressure washers, which is bad for the fins. See if you can provide them with a hose attached to the tap. If they use a foam gun then they will need to use the pressure washer. Otherwise there are spray foam cans available too. Anything acidic or alkaline in the cleaning agent is going to harm your coils. 5-star ACs are tough to clean, so they are probably going to use something harsh.

No idea about the effectiveness of anti-rust coating. It may work if you can get the coils coated from all sides after getting them thoroughly cleaned. If your AC has survived this long without any coil damage then I guess you are already living in a less corrosive area.

I've done UCs foam cleaning service several times it is pretty neat. They clean using water pressure cleaner. Just do the foam cleaning, I don't think anti-rust is needed unless you live near the beach.

yeah you got scammed big time, our yearly AC service includes a pressure washing of both indoor and outdoor units and in extreme cases, they disassemble the outer shell of the AC and take it down and pressure wash it even more thoroughly.
These days service guys use pressure washers, which is bad for the fins. See if you can provide them with a hose attached to the tap. If they use a foam gun then they will need to use the pressure washer. Otherwise there are spray foam cans available too. Anything acidic or alkaline in the cleaning agent is going to harm your coils. 5-star ACs are tough to clean, so they are probably going to use something harsh.
Not really, depends on how the guy is angling the pressure water and PSI, we have been getting ours cleaned yearly and there hasnt been any problems with fins or anything

Back