Budget 0-20k Accha Over the Ear Headphone needed for Gaming, Streaming, Work and Music !

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Let me Clearly say this, I am a noob when it comes to audio tech. currently using the cosmic byte headset which cost 800 INR. Don't want to shell a boom on this like 20k and all. below are my priority.
Budget: 10k plus / minus.

1) Wireless, if possible as then can use with iphone, laptop or pc in all.
2) Clear Crystal sound.
3) Mic, if possible as then I can use it with phones.
4) Over the Ear.
5) RGB is a plus :hilarious:

I don't have any idea of what drivers are and what size should I buy.
below are the headphone I have. when it was new, use to have issue with one side ear cup. now the leather this is woreoff so that is more comfortable.

Cosmic Byte H1

For budget, I have no idea on the same. I wear the gear for almost 85% of my day time daily. My mom asked me to get a better headphone due to same reason. don't want me to loose head hairs I think :p

Thank you for going through my thread. Looking forward for great suggestions.

Last edited:
i been rocking Avantree Audition(not pro) for last 3-4 yrs.
i dont use it for gaming but for vids. music etc.
it has aptx.

I don't have any idea of what drivers are
nor did i but its been great.

footnote:
if anybody has earpads of it for sell dm me..

On a budget, you'll be compromising on sound quality if you prefer to go for wireless. And there are a lot of options if your budget is around 2k.

What you should do is go to a local Reliance Digital or Croma store and try every pair in your price point(if you can evade the COVID)

I am thinking like below 10k or so. now No idea on the same.
Do you play in a noisy environment? If so, you'd need a closed back headphones [like the one you're currently using].

Otherwise, I'd recommend an open back headphone for pc/streaming and a separate wireless one for your iphone.

For closed back stuff:

1) JBL Quantum 100 - 2199

Pros
- Not too expensive
- Decent mic quality
- Detachable mic

Cons
- Not exactly the best for phone calls since you have to use it as a full headset for that
- Not wireless
- Ears might sweat/feel hot because of the closed back nature of the headphones and that will lead to eventual cracking/flaking of the earpads
- Ear pads not user replaceable with aftermarket options

2) AKG K361 - 6490

Pros
- Comfortable
- Good balanced sound [no emphasis on bass]
- Detachable cable
- replaceable earpads [for when they eventually wear down. You can either buy after market ones or e-mail akg and buy replacement ones]

Cons
- Quality Control. [This is actually a big issue. When you receive it the first thing you need to check for is if it has any loose hinges/creaks etc. Instantly return it on amazon and get a replacement.]
- Durability [Construction material is all plastic and not exactly well built. Won't survive very rough usage]

3) AKG K361BT - 7999 [Bluetooth version of the K361]

Pros/cons: Same as K361

4) AKG K371BT -7999 [Bluetooth version of K371]

Pros: Same as K361 but with more bass

Cons: Same as K361BT

Main difference between 361 and 371 is the bass. If you want a bit more bass and a bit more fun sounding headphones, the 371 is better.

The biggest issue you'd have with the k371/361 is ensuring you get a good unit. Durability and QC is where they fail imo. They claim to have rectified the issue but I was not happy. I ended up returning the product twice even though it sounded good because both of the units I personally received from Amazon had very loose hinges. Everything else that the 361BT or 371 BT offers is up there with your requirements barring RGB. Wired and Wireless / Can be used with phones as well/ Parts replaceable due to wear and tear.

If you choose to go for the JBL one then that leaves quite a bit of your budget for you to get something else for your phone usage like an airpods or some other TWS.

There're many available from chinese to some reputed brands.
I don't need a headphone at the moment but if I were to buy I'll buy this -
https://conceptkart.com/products/tranya-h10-hybrid-tws-earbuds
don't know what kind of intuition but I believe it's something very good for the price. so many positive reviews everywhere for this one.
check reviews on Amazon India and Amazon US.
sold for Rs.6600 at amazon india (unavailable now) but can be purchased from official site.

if you're extending your budget get a sennheiser PXC II for rs. 17K

when you say game on pc ,wireless will have a delay and it will ruin things

Soundcore Life Q10 would be a starter headphone which has aux in + bluetooth ,mostly known for bass but should suit you ,as you are comming from cosmic byte

good alternatives when you say crystal clear sound , Audio technica mx20 30 50 but wired ,you could also explore razer headphones like kraken v2 tiamat etc

Do you play in a noisy environment? If so, you'd need a closed back headphones [like the one you're currently using].

Otherwise, I'd recommend an open back headphone for pc/streaming and a separate wireless one for your iphone.

For closed back stuff:

1) JBL Quantum 100 - 2199

Pros
- Not too expensive
- Decent mic quality
- Detachable mic

Cons
- Not exactly the best for phone calls since you have to use it as a full headset for that
- Not wireless
- Ears might sweat/feel hot because of the closed back nature of the headphones and that will lead to eventual cracking/flaking of the earpads
- Ear pads not user replaceable with aftermarket options

2) AKG K361 - 6490

Pros
- Comfortable
- Good balanced sound [no emphasis on bass]
- Detachable cable
- replaceable earpads [for when they eventually wear down. You can either buy after market ones or e-mail akg and buy replacement ones]

Cons
- Quality Control. [This is actually a big issue. When you receive it the first thing you need to check for is if it has any loose hinges/creaks etc. Instantly return it on amazon and get a replacement.]
- Durability [Construction material is all plastic and not exactly well built. Won't survive very rough usage]

3) AKG K361BT - 7999 [Bluetooth version of the K361]

Pros/cons: Same as K361

4) AKG K371BT -7999 [Bluetooth version of K371]

Pros: Same as K361 but with more bass

Cons: Same as K361BT

Main difference between 361 and 371 is the bass. If you want a bit more bass and a bit more fun sounding headphones, the 371 is better.

The biggest issue you'd have with the k371/361 is ensuring you get a good unit. Durability and QC is where they fail imo. They claim to have rectified the issue but I was not happy. I ended up returning the product twice even though it sounded good because both of the units I personally received from Amazon had very loose hinges. Everything else that the 361BT or 371 BT offers is up there with your requirements barring RGB. Wired and Wireless / Can be used with phones as well/ Parts replaceable due to wear and tear.

If you choose to go for the JBL one then that leaves quite a bit of your budget for you to get something else for your phone usage like an airpods or some other TWS.
1608826444355.png

The issue :p
when you say game on pc ,wireless will have a delay and it will ruin things

Soundcore Life Q10 would be a starter headphone which has aux in + bluetooth ,mostly known for bass but should suit you ,as you are comming from cosmic byte

good alternatives when you say crystal clear sound , Audio technica mx20 30 50 but wired ,you could also explore razer headphones like kraken v2 tiamat etc
Logitech Headphone don't have delays I suppose o_O I think g733 but its 15k :arghh:

Found this on amazon, for the lowest price they've ever been at. It seems like a pretty great deal

They're open back so they have a great soundstage, which is great for positioning in games, and they're great for music too. They don't have a microphone though but you can pick up a good lav mic for 700 https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-Sp...8&hvtargid=pla-772742688148&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

The only downside is that they leak sound, so it's probably not good for commuting

If I had a budget of 10k, this is definitely what I'd go for.

Found this on amazon, for the lowest price they've ever been at. It seems like a pretty great deal

They're open back so they have a great soundstage, which is great for positioning in games, and they're great for music too. They don't have a microphone though but you can pick up a good lav mic for 700 https://www.amazon.in/Sennheiser-Sp...8&hvtargid=pla-772742688148&psc=1&ext_vrnc=hi

The only downside is that they leak sound, so it's probably not good for commuting

If I had a budget of 10k, this is definitely what I'd go for.
deal looks great. But are there no headphones with bluetooth and aux cable connectivity together? No mic is not an issue.

deal looks great. But are there no headphones with bluetooth and aux cable connectivity together? No mic is not an issue.
There are, but they wouldn't sound nearly as good as this

Personally, I keep a pair of good open backs for wired/at home use and and use some cheap wireless earphones for commuting

Back