Accounting Software for Small time builder

motxz

Disciple
One of my friend is doing small time contract for construction of residential buildings. He has some 30-40 clients for whom he is constructing houses. He has some 40 vendors supplying bricks, sand, steel and other construction materials. over the above labour contractors are providing service such as construction labour/ masons, carpenting , plumbing wiring etc.

He find it extremely difficult :huh:to keep track all project accounts i.e., material supplied and labour provided by various vendors to a particular house, amount received from the particular owner, amount paid to vendors etc.

Since he is doing it on a very small scale, he is not filing any IT returns , balance sheet etc. The available software such as Tally etc seems very complicated for his needs and he find it extermely difficult use that. He is not ready to go for custom software since he may not be able to finance pay for it

May I request our forum to suggest some simple small programmes which could fulfill his need.:hap2:

TIA

@ seshu : The problem is that same supplier is supplying to different projects. Everytime he enter data ( no separate accountant) he has to update all, which takes lot of time and could not devote separate time

@anmys ; I m downloading HomeBank. I feel that from the webpage that it does not have the facility for projectwise vendorwise expenses, paid amount etc.

I think Excel is the best tool to do it. Even without getting into code, Excel should do the job for creating financial statements.

I've worked on Financial statement projections SOLELY ON EXCEL. I believe no other tool is needed. EXCEL WILL BE SUFFICIENT.

Ping me if you want help. I'll help you prepare a model for use. I'm a bit short on time, but can be possible.

TheBroker said:
Ping me if you want help. I'll help you prepare a model for use. I'm a bit short on time, but can be possible.

@The Broker : Thanks for your Offer :clap:. I discussed with my friend .I will get back to you soon with sample data. Can you inform me of your mail id so that I can send other details

Back