14.inch screen , i has ddr3 ram

for 31k

Acer Aspire 4736 & 4736z Review | Surfnux's Weblog

Compare India - Laptops - Acer-Aspire 4736Z

shud i buy this or the dell vostro A840 for around 30 k

i basically need it for home usage, web surfing, not much gaming

any advice will be extremely helpful

please suggest asap , as i ll be buying it by tomorrow most probably

also wanted to know wats the build quality of acer vis-a-vis dell and also the after sales servicing of acer,

more inclined towards the acer model only as it has much higher config!!

Hello.

The vast majority of laptops use integrated graphics which are NOT upgradeable. Your Acer has the Intel GMA 4500M graphics chip which is not good for gaming. If you check the following chart, you'll see that it's suiteable for older games such as DOOM3 but not newer games such as COD4:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comput...

There's nothing you can do about it...nothing you can upgrade. If you wanna play games & play them well, you need a gaming laptop.

acer 4736z is still a very good laptop at 30k

ofcourse not for gaming..

none the less its worth every penny at 30k

u getting 2gb ddr3 ram , 320 gb hdd

wat more can a non gamer ask for!! :p

yo....

i bought this laptop for my dad ,around for Rs 27,700/- including all taxes(without vista)+carry case.. from nehru place(shop name computer empire).. where vendor around my localality selling it for Rs 32,999/- (without vista)...after that i install xp sp2 in it.. all the special function works pretty fine else than data backup(which i dont care about)...well my dad is happy with this machine...and i think it is good buy...go for it

good points:-

pertty fast(ddr3 really works)
large storage area
screen is great
great webcam
screen off is available
bad points:-

only one color is available
games like nfsmw, prince of persia not playable (manhunt can be)
heatup (but my friends owning dell, lenovo,toshiba.. says its normal temprature..dont worry)

advice:-

if trying to install xp ... first change the SATA mode from AHCI(something like this) to IDE

hope i help .... sorry for my bad english

for any more info mail me:-
whitehat_1509@rediffmail.com

kalaghar1509 said:
yo....

i bought this laptop for my dad ,around for Rs 27,700/- including all taxes(without vista)+carry case.. from nehru place(shop name computer empire).. where vendor around my localality selling it for Rs 32,999/- (without vista)...after that i install xp sp2 in it.. all the special function works pretty fine else than data backup(which i dont care about)...well my dad is happy with this machine...and i think it is good buy...go for it

The version of the laptop which costs 33k is not the 4736z, it is the Acer Aspire 4736. There is no z in the end of the model no.
That version has an Intel T6400 processor and 3GB RAM. All other specifications are the same.

@connect This is a great laptop at the price it retails for.
It is better to buy this than the Dell Vostro A840.
But if you want better battery life then buy the Acer Aspire 5738z. It has the same specifications as this one, the only difference is the 15 inch screen and bigger capacity battery. It costs around 1k more.

kimtech said:
Hello.

The vast majority of laptops use integrated graphics which are NOT upgradeable. Your Acer has the Intel GMA 4500M graphics chip which is not good for gaming. If you check the following chart, you'll see that it's suiteable for older games such as DOOM3 but not newer games such as COD4:

There's nothing you can do about it...nothing you can upgrade. If you wanna play games & play them well, you need a gaming laptop.

connect has specifically mentioned in his post that he will be gaming very little and his main usage will be web surfing and document editing.

Please read the requirements of the OP before you post.

hello... OP mentioned he won't game! :huh::huh::huh:

kimtech said:
Hello.

Back