Laptops Acer 5738 battery issues

gauz88

Disciple
Guys,I am running win7 RC build 7100 on my 7 months old Acer lappy.

Energy report reads last full charge was only 34%.Power on time for my lappy is 66 days.

Took my lappy to the service centre and they have agreed to replace the battery.

Does the battery life actually reduce so soon or does this have something to do with the OS.. coz ive heard people complaining about battery related issues with windows 7. I dont have a clue since this happens to be my first laptop.

Also is it advisable to go for extended warranty of 2 more years for 4500 bucks?

yes to the extended warranty.sh!t happens after a year usually when it comes to a laptop.

I don't think there are issues with windows 7 and the laptop's battery life.

yes, its not a battery issue, plz try to check ur battery with a non WIN 7 OS laptop(your friends lap)or to check yourself ,load winxp or VISTA OS to finalise the same.

I don't think the issue is related to the OS... Have you upgraded your firmware? Older models of Acer 5738 need a firmware upgrade

check for any firmware updates from acer for bug fix, else plz install another OS for confirmation,if problem persists then battery is the culprit ,else the OS bug !plz post your R&D on the TE

There is a bios update but im not sure if i am going to do that.. dont want to mess around with this laptop since i am a complete noob with the bios flashing process.

I am on win7 RC which is about to expire in 3 days time so ill be doing a fresh install today.

Acer anyway has agreed to replace the battery which i might get by wednesday.

EDIT: I'll ask the service centre guys to do the bios upgrade after checking with them

Back