Laptops Acer Aspire One fan gone kaput... !!!!

djmykey

Skilled
Well on Sunday I decided to open up my trusty Acer Aspire One and clean it up, mainly coz the CPU fan was giving a buzzy sound eveytime I powered it up and the laptop heated quite a lot. So I went ahead and opened it up.
Here are some pics

Look at the teeny speakers no wonder they seem non-existant :bleh:

This is the processor fan...

Notice the missing fan fins :(

Moral of the story: Do not use an industrial grade blower on a laptop processor fan :( Especially this one..

EBC40.jpg

WTH bro , how in the world did this idea struck your mind of cleaning a laptop with an industrial grade blower.

Really sorry to hear this news. I hope this lappy has been used for more than 2 years or else your pocket will be hotter than the SUN right now

Anubis said:
WTH bro , how in the world did this idea struck your mind of cleaning a laptop with an industrial grade blower.

Really sorry to hear this news. I hope this lappy has been used for more than 2 years or else your pocket will be hotter than the SUN right now

Well.. the vacuum cleaner blows dust along with air so decided to give it a miss. And when I started blowing air it was giving out lots of dust... so I thought to clean it properly.... thats when I got a "tak" sound and the next thing is the fins were on the floor :(

This laptop is almost 2 years old, will be 2 in August. Let me try my luck with Acer support.

djmykey said:
Well.. the vacuum cleaner blows dust along with air so decided to give it a miss. And when I started blowing air it was giving out lots of dust... so I thought to clean it properly.... thats when I got a "tak" sound and the next thing is the fins were on the floor :(

This laptop is almost 2 years old, will be 2 in August. Let me try my luck with Acer support.

Best of luck brother

I'll pray for you

vishalrao said:
Cant you just superglue/crazyglue them back on? :D

Umm... I lost the fins, and to start they are microscopic so fixing them is gonna be outta question with my big hands :ashamed:

Back