Acer Laptops - Good Or Bad

Lol on the contrary acer rocks. I dont find any probs what so ever in Acer. No heat issues as well. Have the laptop on for like 3-4 days most of the times and no probs what so ever. Their pricing is what attracts many buyers. People generally associate cheap with low quality but that is not always the case. Acer is in the top 5 notebook manufacturer in the world. So that speaks volumes.

So yes, I am happy with my Acer notebook. May be those who want better quality, reliability they can go in for Dell, IBMs, Samsung's and the Toshiba's but for people like me who would at the max use it for 1 yr cant afford to pay a very high price tag for a descent laptop. Acer suits the bill. So if I buy another laptop in future from India it would have to be an Acer again simply because of their price tag. I have an eye on the 4602 from a long time but i guess ill wait for core duo to become main stream :D

Well to be fair, acer notebooks are fantastic. However their desktops are pretty pathetic. I've only had the chance to evaluate their sub 30K sempron notebook. Amazingly, its rather well built for the price and feels solid. The LCD ain't bad either. In fact other than the resolution, the LCD seems better than my 2000$ Toshiba Tecra :p. I especially like their notebook chassis. It looks pretty cool. So to cut a long story short, acer rocks!

You think Ferrari are with Acer just like that ?? :p Ferrari are the best dude!!! They will not be associated with anything below their standard....

And my dad has the Acer Ferrari and it rocks!!! Earlier, I was of the opinion that Acer is not good enough.... But I have changed my mind :p It is really well made...

can we change the title to Acer Notebooks v/s Others :)

Ive been using acer laptop since past 1 yr . Ive suggested my friends and relatives to buy acer and not even 1 has complained about the performance. Acer initially when it started in the notebooks production , they were not good . But they have improved and upgraded their production quality and after sales service .
I bought the 4102 Wlmi from singapore for 50 k .

If i can get x700 graphics , 512 mb dual channel ddr 2 all within 50 k in an international country with 1 yr international warranty and the same lappy for for 60k in India , it says a lot of the company's marketing strategy , pricing it right and reputation.

Acer association with ferrari and lambourghini for future production is also commendable.

Till now , Acer 4 - 1

Now tell us why Acer sucks :)

I agree with the others here. Acer is good for Laptops though its not so good for Desktops. Their Laptops are fairly priced and will not cost an arm and a leg for a decent configuration. They also have a number of service centres in India unlike many other brands. My sis owns an Acer Travelmate 4000 series one and its quite good enough for her with a decent combination of hardware and good battery life.

They might not be good enough for a hardcore gamer ;-), but no other laptop available in india is.

Look, I can compare Acer with IBM (now Lenovo), as my friend had BOTH at the same time (IBm was abt 6 months older than tha Acer). And I have an Acer. And the Acer kicked the thinkpad's ass in build quality, LCD quality AND design. I have used Toshiba too, long ago, and even there the chassis material in no way cam up to the Acer. I have seen new Dell laptops (Inspiron 660 was it?) and HP Pavillion notebooks from the US (both) and they do not match up in quality to the Acer.

acer.......does it provide 60gb,dvdwriter +512mb ram lappy within 35k.....procy amd will do......
also wht do u mean by charge in use.........does it mean using while charging it last only 3hours...and u need to switch it off to cool it????

WEll aspire 3003 costs 37k and has most of what you suggested.
http://www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/aspire3003.html

BAttery life of this laptop would be a lil over 2 hours. Charge in use is the time taken to charge completely after the completely discharged battery nulled while the laptop is switched on and you are working on it. Whereas quick charge is time taken to charge the battery(totally discharged) completely while the laptop is just kept on charging without it being switched on to do some work. Hope you get it

Well I have 4061 and it is simply superb. I had gone through all the possible options (configurations) from all the vendors and then decided on this one.
And I agree with sourabh... even I had my eyes on 4062 although I could not afford to extend that much. So i recommend that to everyone who needs a sub60K laptop.

Back