Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS panel for 21k

I remember this monitor when I was looking for 2K displays. If I am right, this one has lot of quality control issues and it will be a lottery. You either get a really good one or you get one that will develop issues (backlight bleed, dead pixels etc). In the end I went with LG 32GK650 (32" 2K UltraGear) for 24k. Looks like the same deal is back now (usually costs 30k+). Been half a year and this matte display is absolutely gorgeous.

I remember this monitor when I was looking for 2K displays. If I am right, this one has lot of quality control issues and it will be a lottery. You either get a really good one or you get one that will develop issues (backlight bleed, dead pixels etc). In the end I went with LG 32GK650 (32" 2K UltraGear) for 24k. Looks like the same deal is back now (usually costs 30k+). Been half a year and this matte display is absolutely gorgeous.

Not sure about the QC issues, when it comes to backlight bleeding people usually have high expectations and are generally disappointed with IPS, dead pixels could be an issue but I haven't seen it brought up a lot of times for this model.

After using 4k at 27"(lg 27uk650) it feels like 32" is a bit too large for 2k. But for that price it's pretty damn good.

Yeah
Double that. I got the 32GK650 for 20.3k though on Tata Cliq, so worth checking other sites.

I just got the Acer about a week ago (for 23k), no backlight bleed or dead pixels yet. In fact calibration and default settings are actually amazing. Definitely a steal at 21k.

I have the same model. It has backlight bleed issues and so the darks are not that dark. But, it's the only 2k 144hz in this price, so I guess beggars can't be choosers.

It's gets bright though, I usually keep the brightness on 30 in the day and 15 in the nights. HDR is a gimmick, it's really bad.

You don't put a gamut clamp when you measure peak brightness. The sRGB mode is a gamut clamp.
So, which is the correct mode to measure peak brightness? I tried in all SDR modes, it did not make a difference. The only thing that was visibly brighter was the HDR mode. I also have LG 27GL850 where sRGB mode is equally bright as other modes.
Since you seem to be knowledgeable in this, if you could help me. How to deal with WCG on these monitors on Windows? Everything is super bright with WCG on these monitors, especially the red color. How to deal with it other than sRGB mode (hopefully if the monitor has one).

Last edited:
Back