ACT FIBERNET: Why we will never offer Unlimited Plans

How is ACT in BLR ? Any quick reviews ?
Am hearing a lot about bad cc experiences.
It is awesome when it works however when its down for a physical reason like a damaged cable, it can take an eternity for them to fix.

Customer care is one of the absolute worst I've seen. Thankfully one can raise complaints on the android app and if the problem is not at the last mile, it gets resolved fairly quickly.

How is ACT in BLR ? Any quick reviews ?
Am hearing a lot about bad cc experiences.

Had ordered a week back. ACT guys installed it today despite lockdown.

Have a new Archer C50 router.
Getting lower speeds on wifi ac. Not sure why. Reset it once already.

ACT - 150mbps line on Archer C50 router
Direct to laptop - 98mbps ( 10/100 port !)
Wifi AC router - 2.4G - 75mbps
Wifi AC router - 5G - 80mbps

also, You Broadband - 200mbps line on TPlink Wifi N router
Wifi N router - 73mbps

I enrolled to this but my speed is still around 90 MBPS. Why is that so?

Can we people from the other districts expect speeds like in Hyderabad?

Do you have a gigabit router and LAN port/5ghz band on your laptop? If not, 100mbps is the max speed you can expect.
Post automatically merged:

Had ordered a week back. ACT guys installed it today despite lockdown.

Have a new Archer C50 router.
Getting lower speeds on wifi ac. Not sure why. Reset it once already.

ACT - 150mbps line on Archer C50 router
Direct to laptop - 98mbps ( 10/100 port !)
Wifi AC router - 2.4G - 75mbps
Wifi AC router - 5G - 80mbps

also, You Broadband - 200mbps line on TPlink Wifi N router
Wifi N router - 73mbps

That router doesn't have a gigabit port so the max speed you'll get will be limited to 100mbps!

Last edited:
I have mentioned that already.
Its the Wifi ac that's concerning. Either a bad chip or maybe thats its max. performance.

How do u expect more than that when the speed coming in to your router through the LAN port won't cross 100mbps?

When they mention 800mbps/1300mbps etc on the box, it's never for a single connection. It is the theoretical output over multiple devices which the router can support. In practice it won't reach even 75% of claimed speed...

How do u expect more than that when the speed coming in to your router through the LAN port won't cross 100mbps?

When they mention 800mbps/1300mbps etc on the box, it's never for a single connection. It is the theoretical output over multiple devices which the router can support. In practice it won't reach even 75% of claimed speed...
Ohh the WAN port ; my bad.

I am really disappointed with the D-Link router firmware upgrades. They are not regular like Tp-link.

Will recommend TP-LINK.

I'm on ACT 150mbps line.

Can someone please suggest a good dual-band router ?
(tplink c1200, Netgear R6260, DLink DIR825AC)
TP-link C1200. Have been using it for more than a year after upgrading from netgear. Good reach through walls. But 5Ghz works well only up to 50 mts.

Woh people here talking about 150mbps and that too for good price and I am stuck paying 1300 inr for 20mbps unlimited no fup [emoji3166][emoji31]

Before plan :75 MBPS FUP :500GB
Now plan :100MBPS FUP : 1000GB
IDsoBxS.png

I tried ACT and found that I in fact DO need a no FUP plan since their current plans do not offer the amount of FUP I need each month without paying a lot.

I personally feel that local broadband providers offer the best bang for the buck. I am currently using a 100 Mbps connection and I pay INR 1000/ month. There is no FUP. At the end of the month, I always find that I have consumed about 1.7 TB download + upload. I have a TP-Link mesh router so I get pretty good speeds even on Wifi.

(This speed test was done on Wifi)

I am starting to think these guys are scamming me on my FUP. I check my data consumption through my router and I have to say, that the data on the app and the router is completely mismtached. I have no clue who or what is at fault here. Anyone else witht he same issue?

I am starting to think these guys are scamming me on my FUP. I check my data consumption through my router and I have to say, that the data on the app and the router is completely mismtached. I have no clue who or what is at fault here. Anyone else witht he same issue?
I've noticed that too. For the 1st June. It showed like 6GB. Were as it is 10GB now Hardly no uses that much in 1 day, max it is 1.5GB/day.

Everyone in home max out 1GB mobile data.

They should reset the FUP, if they notice any technical error, I always hear from Bala malladi, people don't finish their FUP limits. That's the reason they prolly knowingly kept quiet.

I've noticed that too. For the 1st June. It showed like 6GB. Were as it is 10GB now Hardly no uses that much in 1 day, max it is 1.5GB/day.

Everyone in home max out 1GB mobile data.

They should reset the FUP, if they notice any technical error, I always hear from Bala malladi, people don't finish their FUP limits. That's the reason they prolly knowingly kept quiet.
I raised a ticket once but they told me that nothing was wrong on their end and that something must be wrong with mine. They are scamming us, aren't they?

Similar thing happened to me but with BSNL. Their record didn't match my usage, like at all. I raised a complaint but didn't know how to prove it. Their office employees are all clowns. I even met the GM and the AGM but it was useless.
If someone knows a tip or two I'm all ears. I don't know how true this is but they said the server is in Kolkata. If possible I would like to get the raw data usage info directly from their server.
Regarding Jio Fiber, they have just started putting in Jio lines in my locality. Being a t2/t3 town I honestly am not sure how good it will be despite their assurances. But I do want it if it's legit.

Last edited:
Back