ACT new connection in Bangalore

prasadldba

Disciple
Today i have contacted ACT to get new BB connection,after confirmation about their service in my area i have paid 6 months advance and wifi router charge.Total 9072.But at the EOD i received one SMS as "No service in your Area".

When i check with agent ,he is still giving assurance for my connection.

What should i do now
my options
1.Canceling check ASAP.
2.Believe this Guy and wait

Please friends suggest me based on your experience.

Hi @prasadldba , Let me share my experience in shifting act connection from old address to new address.
ACT ppl didnt contact me even after a week.After complainting to the nodal officer i got reply saying "there is no free lines it ll take upto 3 month to shift the connection",Immediately i raised new connection request and next day agent came and collected the details and gave me the connection next day.
So what i say is believe the sales guy. They will do something and give u the connection

May be your building or near by doesn't have any ONT boxes, that's why you got that message. You should have asked him about ONT's location before booking the connection. Anyways, Sales guy and technician are the last ones who knows better about your area.

Customer Care is outsourced and hence useless. I hope you get a connection and it actually works from this Do kaudi company.

These guys have gone downhill in regarding their service I think. Applied for a new connection over 7 weeks and still they haven't done it.

Btw, for power discount of ONT box you need to call CC and inform them - they'll deduct it from the bill.

Edit: Just contacted the CC and apparently the local cable operators are making some nuisance so they are refunding the installation amounts. Pretty sure this is deliberately done from the Hathway/TTN/Failtel lobbies.

Last edited:
After so many calls to cc and agent i am decided to step back from ACT today.

Contacted Metro BB person waiting for him to get new connection.

ACT never understands what they are going to loose in our layout we are applying for 4 connections now.[DOUBLEPOST=1422892577][/DOUBLEPOST]Got new connection
Amazing speed test results

4110268877.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1422893100][/DOUBLEPOST]
AkYEcHKITwLtOMGtTe4FvXvK8QLUGp_677byujhf1MOF.jpg
Aq1wRbc3D-tEgXKvViUgC8f371OdTtuLAnRvlyo_rMNu.jpg
AtOeBs5OD5i5M8uH_pRmxFMD45kSZDPgdLwjq1NljWz7.jpg
AlFViEnHnYKQ8flPUmrGPEV1aNh7qnaTV1msZR5FQAOr.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1422893189][/DOUBLEPOST]Friends,

Please suggest good wfi router for this cable.

Coverage has to be for two floors and many rooms.

Last edited:
^ If I were you, I would still be looking for alternate options of internet.

I have had Metronet for 6 months. Everything will be gala for the first month, once that is over the problem will start - connection will come down to 512Kbps and 1Mbps on 10 Mbps plans many a times.
There will be a couple of hours of downtime every week, and calling them up repeatedly will be of no use, because people studying 1st year computers networks will have better understand of how networks work.
I had a bad fight with my cable operator and he finally switched to BBNL and got Metronet disconnect - unable to bear all the complaints.

I really hope this is not the case with you and that they have improved now. Looking forward to your feedback in a couple of months. All the best.

Also, when testing for speed - test the speed to servers outside India - US is a good place to start as most datacenters are present there. I use SoftLayer servers to test. Checking speeds to Bangalore servers is kind of useless. I am also quite sure that the speeds to US / UK / EU servers won't be in double digits, try it!!

Please suggest good wfi router for this cable.

Coverage has to be for two floors and many rooms.
That is RJ-45 Jack punched to an Cat 5e Cable which is copper wire has speed restrictions up to 100mbit/s, Your ONT is connected to Fiber.

You can use any N Routers.

TP-Link 841N and Asus RT N12 are best routers under 2k and 740N & Asus N10E are decent ones under 1K.

I too had an extremely unpleasant experience with ACT in koramangala 4th block, bangalore. They took a month to provide the connection (which was done by pulling wires over adjacent buildings). And then it lasted for 1 hour or so before going dead and was never fixed for another month. After numerous false statements and confusing technical reasons which involved "the box" they made me just lose my head. I moved away from them. Now 3 months down they still keep calling me for some mysterious pending bill amount. I had used ACT back in 2011-12 and they have gown really downhill since then.

@prasadldba : I'm in Bangalore too and planning on getting a connection myself. It would be really helpful if you could post some details about your plan and experience with metro. Thanks

Where do u stay ?

Plan is 15 MBps 999 + tax ,100 GB FUP after 100 GB 1 MBps unlimited.

600 inr for initialization.

As of now very good service.

Check if it is available in u r location.

Back