Action Against Noisy Neighborhood Shop?

I stay in Bangalore...in a residential area. Right opposite to my house there is an apartment under which there are few shops. One of the shops is being used as a godown to store material of a local super market. So here is the problem...these idiots are using the godown's shutter as a door and they keep opening and closing it at least 100 times in a day (i mean it literally!) which creates a loud and extremely irritating noise which starts at 6AM and ends at 10.30-11PM. What it means is, we cannot stay peacefully in our house and cannot sleep until they lock the shutter in the night at whatever time they wish as the loud noise of closing it is going to wake up a person even if he has taken a sleeping pill!!

We have spoken several times to the shop owner to install a door and use it instead of using the shutter as the door and close it by 9 PM. He only kept giving false promises and i don't see any action being taken from their side.

So i have decided to take action from side! I want to know what is that i need to do to get that shop PERMANENTLY CLOSED. No more sympathy. Do i have to file an FIR in the police station? I'm sure at least some of you guys have been through similar situation and will be really glad if you can help me out with this non technical problem :)

Cheers

i doubt you can register a valid fir in this matter, a fir is meant for a legal punishable offence and using a metal shutter hardly falls into that category , but its all my assumption and i could be wrong.

my bad, i forgot how police intervened deepika padukone's party for playing loud music, indeed police can help you in this matter.

deep16 said:
i doubt you can register a valid fir in this matter, a fir is meant for a legal punishable offence and using a metal shutter hardly falls into that category , but its all my assumption and i could be wrong.

my bad, i forgot how police intervened deepika padukone's party for playing loud music, indeed police can help you in this matter.

That is after 11 O Clock or 12 .

I dont think there is too much that you can do.

Try making your home noise proof !

1) What is cost of Door, I think less than Legal Action Charges (Good lawyer fees Rs.25000/- here in Mumbai + your traveling expenses + TIME) + Deteriorate your relation & your image (imo), better Donate door to Shopkeeper :)

2) Warn him in advance & Seat on FAST in-front of his Showroom with 5x2 banner about your problem...

If this is annoying you despite it coming from the apartment on the opposite side of the road, then you cant be the only one affected. Talk to more people in your area and see what the all of them feel towards it. If you can form a large enough group to go and confront the shopkeeper with, he will listen to you.

A bit of grease might be enough to solve the problem. Finding it hard to believe that the sound of a shutter can cause such a disturbance across closed windows/curtains.

chiron said:
A bit of grease might be enough to solve the problem. Finding it hard to believe that the sound of a shutter can cause such a disturbance across closed windows/curtains.

Yes, cheaper than donate Door & no need to remove shutter to place door. Take permission from shopkeeper, catch local greasewala it will not cost more than Rs.250/- (normal size shutter)

chiron said:

Actually, if you live on the lower floors, and if the shop/godown is around 5~10 meters away, it can be heard quite clearly, closed windows wont do anything at all. Also the grease is of no use if the shutters are pulled down/pushed up fast.

If you have any friends with contacts with the police, go through them, or you could always do another Anna!

Back