Active Bookshelf Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
I am looking for a pair of passive bookshelf speakers.

No specific budget, just looking for a good deal and decent sound quality.

If it is of any importance, they will be paired with a Denon 1705 which can power 75 wpc @ 8 ohms.

Only looking at offers from Chennai.

Also open to sellers in Nagpur\Delhi if they are willing to hold it till late November\Early December :p.

All sellers must be willing for me to demo it before taking it from them.

Please feel free to post offer here or via PM.

Grease for the price of an Audioengine E5(probably ~17K - 19K), go for a passive speakers with an AMP to boot like Norge reference Gold 1000.

Else look at Diablo_reigns offer for the speakers he is elling. Very good I think. Even I pm'ed him but have other plans, so dropped out.

Thanks for the tip, but I think a second hand set of active bookshelves will be cheaper than a second hand amp + speakers.

Regarding diablo_reigns speakers, they dont seem to be branded at all. THey may be good, or they may not. Cant afford to take the risk when we live in different cities.

Contact gmano na! He should be able to guide you on the street in Chennai which retails second-hand pro-audio stuff for decent rates. superczar knew the street as well but he's AWOL for a long time!

9841023957 is the number of a person named MARK. He is from Chennai and his speakers and AMP have been talked about in another forum a lot. His shop is AUDIOCRAFT and brands his speakers as CRAFTEL.

Y dont u check with him. I ;m in Hyderabad and had chat with him a while back and he said was working on some new designs. Also post ur impressions, if u happen to visit his shop for a demo, which he will be glad to offer. His shop is on Ritchie street.

Check out man!!!

@gannu: Will check with Gmano.

@anooj: I was going through the threads on hifivision (which is the forum I believe you were talking about). Seems like a very interesting option. I would like to help promote local talent as well. Will definitely check out his showroom sometime, although I am looking for something in the second hand market at the moment. What can I say, I'm cheap! :p I will talk to Mark though about the possibility of a low RMS bookshelf coupled with an amp which accepts digital inputs.

Also, if you do come down to Chennai before I go there, please do post your views of their speakers.

Picked up a Denon 1705, so now looking for regular (passive) bookshelves. Edited original post.

Nice deal you have there anooj, but I'm going to check out a guy here in Chennai who says he has a pair of Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs for 5k. If that doesn't work out, I will let you know.

Grease Monk said:
Nice deal you have there anooj, but I'm going to check out a guy here in Chennai who says he has a pair of Tannoy Mercury F1 Customs for 5k. If that doesn't work out, I will let you know.

WTF! :O

*What time's it?! I hope I'm reading that right - 5k*

Gannu said:
WTF! :O

*What time's it?! I hope I'm reading that right - 5k*

hehe, yeah. Im equally skeptical. Gmano and I were PMing one another after you asked me to get in touch with him and he pointed out some guy over here who is advertising the Tannoys for 5k. He deals with quite a bit of audio equipment at ridiculously low prices. Definitely want to check him out, and hopefully he is for real!

Yep, check the speakers are really Tannoy F1's, they are very nice and sweet sounding:eek:hyeah:.

Pls keep posted. By th way I was expecting 6K and this is in mint condition.:bleh:

Let me know.;)

Grease Monk said:
hehe, yeah. Im equally skeptical. Gmano and I were PMing one another after you asked me to get in touch with him and he pointed out some guy over here who is advertising the Tannoys for 5k. He deals with quite a bit of audio equipment at ridiculously low prices. Definitely want to check him out, and hopefully he is for real!

Please please please keep us posted monkie. Shall get in touch with you later. I need to get some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back