PC Peripherals Added New RAM now im getting Blue Screen

utkarsh86

Disciple
Hi,
I have a Asus P5Q, E8400 based setup on a windows 7 64 bit system, I already had a 2gb stick of Gskill F2-6400 CL5S - 2GBPQ... Day before i added another 2Gb of the same RAM since i have added that RAM i keep getting Blue screen at regular intervals, i have done a windows memory diagnostic test and it says i have a problem with memory.. Does it mean the new ram is faulty ? All help on this is appreciated..

utkarsh86 said:
Hi,
I have a Asus P5Q, E8400 based setup on a windows 7 64 bit system, I already had a 2gb stick of Gskill F2-6400 CL5S - 2GBPQ... Day before i added another 2Gb of the same RAM since i have added that RAM i keep getting Blue screen at regular intervals, i have done a windows memory diagnostic test and it says i have a problem with memory.. Does it mean the new ram is faulty ? All help on this is appreciated..

Did u check that new Ram stick individually? if u didn't do that check that first if it works then try adding your old stick and check both.

how many RAM slots are there, if its 4 then try swapping the sticks:D or if still problem exists try it on your friends mobo and check.

did u tried any OC, changing memory timings/Voltage sett? try to do it on default.

Icon_211 said:
Did u check that new Ram stick individually? if u didn't do that check that first if it works then try adding your old stick and check both.

how many RAM slots are there, if its 4 then try swapping the sticks:D or if still problem exists try it on your friends mobo and check.

did u tried any OC, changing memory timings/Voltage sett? try to do it on default.

Hi i dont OC my PC i had checked them individually but they both worked fine i even did the MEM test and all and it showed no errors, and then out of a stroke of luck while i was rebooting with my new RAM stick i got the blue screen of death , ill get it changed at the earliest...

Mods please close this thread..

Back