Adding Wings to the Mamba

sri_k said:
Congos..why did u downgrade from tricore to dual core?why 2 is better than 3?:bleh: &finally congos for your ipod nano...:)

Its not actually a downgrade. X2 550 performs better than X3 8750, and add to that its 45nm with latest Phenom II architecture..has 80W TDP with CnC3.0 and coolcore saving lots of power. plethora of cache and high clock speed helping me rip 1080p without any problem.

It provides more than decent headroom for over-clocking , the icing on the cake is I turned it into a business class Quad core by unlocking it :p Ohh its an Am3 chip capable of handling DDr3 as well giving a decent option for future upgradibility as well :p

All I need in a good HSF as good as TRUE but neither TRUE nor Mugen 2 is available :(

Dark Star said:
Its not actually a downgrade. X2 550 performs better than X3 8750, and add to that its 45nm with latest Phenom II architecture..has 80W TDP with CnC3.0 and coolcore saving lots of power. plethora of cache and high clock speed helping me rip 1080p without any problem.

It provides more than decent headroom for over-clocking , the icing on the cake is I turned it into a business class Quad core by unlocking it :p Ohh its an Am3 chip capable of handling DDr3 as well giving a decent option for future upgradibility as well :p

All I need in a good HSF as good as TRUE but neither TRUE nor Mugen 2 is available :(

which ram are u using sirjee..and how much all the stuff mobo+ram+ cpu cost were?

MAGNeT said:
which ram are u using sirjee..and how much all the stuff mobo+ram+ cpu cost were?

I have Jetway Ha07 790GX board that retails for ~6.1k , ram is el-cheapo Transcend PSC 4gb kit for ~2.4 , and X2 500 or 5.4k

Don't call me sir :p

^^Temps are 41 with AMD CnQ enabled , stock tiny HSF :p, I am a bit skeptical about ram I want a good pair but I have to save for a good cooler. Also spending on DDR2 worth it right now :?

Back