ADSL + Router + WiFi For BSNL

hi friends,

When i took BSNL connection i opted for modem, and paid to buy it.
Since i have a laptop too now, i feel switching to Wifi is better.

i know most people will suggest me Beetel/BSNL one, but is it available outside?
also what are options available other than it.

is g router going to be thing of past?

Approximate prices of your suggested model will do a hell lot of good.

I think beetel one is available in stores as well but would cost you more as compared to buying it from BSNL. If you are interested in buying the bsnl modem cum router, then why dont you buy it from them itself?

along similar lines - my BSNL WA1003A went kaput recently. Some BSNL guy said that they'd replace it if I took it to the exchange or someplace.

Just wanted to know how much I will be charged for it? [i'd bought the WA1003 router from BSNL when I got my bb connection...about 2-3 years ago]

jampack said:
I think beetel one is available in stores as well but would cost you more as compared to buying it from BSNL. If you are interested in buying the bsnl modem cum router, then why dont you buy it from them itself?

are there any better options?

Why don't you go in for a router and use it with your present modem? You can buy a Buffalo or Linksys wireless g/n (whatever you prefer) router and use it with your present modem. I had doing the same thing for quite some time.

Any reasons for not opting the modem + wireless router combo?

Its preferable that u purchase from outside.

Choose from either Netgear or Linksys. and N type one.

N type seems to be the thing for the future.

Netgear is my choice amongst the two.

And In due cource of time, u can def switch ur good ol' BSNL router for a wi fi one for back up.

jampack said:
Why don't you go in for a router and use it with your present modem? You can buy a Buffalo or Linksys wireless g/n (whatever you prefer) router and use it with your present modem. I had doing the same thing for quite some time.
Any reasons for not opting the modem + wireless router combo?

i am going to use a custom made power supply for my setup
7 AH battery which has 1 o/p which runs ADSL router for 5-6 hrs.
if u use modem and wireless, i will need 2 ports on this and backup will come down.

Not sure, but I think the G series routers can be had for between 2-3.5k, depending on the model. The N series start off at around 4-5k. Not 100% sure.

Back