ADSL + Wireless N + USB Port (storage and 3G) with good speeds

maxme

Disciple
Hi

I am looking for a good ADSL + Wireless N + USB Port (storage and 3G). Can you guys and provide any suggestions?

I have D-link DSL-2750U and TP-Link TD-W8968 300Mbps Wifi Wireless N Router USB ADSL2+.

D-link is USB storage only and TP-Link is with 3G stick support. Are there any other options? Also USB speeds are limited to 2.5 mb/s.

I'm using couple of routers at home... one of them fits your needs... it's model DGN2200M from Netgear.
N300, ADSL2+, mobile broadband
didn't pay attention to USB port... so can't say if it's 3.0 but the speed is good. 3G dongle can act as a failover.

Hi

I am looking for a good ADSL + Wireless N + USB Port (storage and 3G). Can you guys and provide any suggestions?

I have D-link DSL-2750U and TP-Link TD-W8968 300Mbps Wifi Wireless N Router USB ADSL2+.

D-link is USB storage only and TP-Link is with 3G stick support. Are there any other options? Also USB speeds are limited to 2.5 mb/s.
When you say 'good speeds' what you are referring to ?

USB write speed or wireless speed.

Can you confirm whether its 2.5mbs or 2.5MBs. Byte or bit ?

What file system format do you use with USB ?

Here good speed is of USB read and write over network. Here's the thing, there are 3 wifi mobiles at home, 2 laptops with Wireless N and LED TV with wireless N. Apart of this I want to have my Seagate FreeAgent drive (USB) to available over network to all the devices. File System on drive is NTFS. I need 5-6 MB Read speed

There is a review of the consumer on flipkart which say "USB: A nice feature but the Data Rate(UP/Down) is restricted to 2.5 MB/s. It will not be much of a problem while accessing the data directly(Movies etc.) but copying takes a lot of time."

hmm, there are two things here.

NTFS write & read speed is down to how good the driver is.
The memory the router has. More RAM the router has the faster the read speed. Faster CPU means faster write.

If you want better performance then hook up your Free Agent (USB) to the Laptop and share that way. This means laptop has to be on for access. But it will be more capable than the router.

Otherwise you will have to replace NTFS with a *nix filesystem to get better performance. Bear in mind there is a hardware limit that will come in the way after some point. Its not clear just how much boost you wil get with this though.

Can you try with a thumbdrive and do some tests to see if it makes any difference ?

I am getting a DSL-2750U of friend today, let me see what i can do with it. I have WD TV Live HD player hooked up with N150 adapter (Asus USB-N10) and FreeAgent drive, lets see how good that performs with Wireless N router.

Back