ADSL2+Router

wr8_utd

Adept
I know there are several threads on this but I need a reply asap because I need to go buy a router tomorrow.

Right now I have a Beetel 450 TC1 which I got complementary from Airtel and thus, obviously, it's a bit rubbish.

The network barely goes to the next room and thus I need a new router which would help me get the wifi signal to the next 2 rooms.

I need a ADSL2+Router within 3k. And I'm a noob when it comes to routers so could someone also tell me what's better between N and G routers?

Thank you! :)

Wireless G routers are the old standard. They work at only 2.4GHz, give a maximum theoretical speed of 54Mbps. They are also cheaper compared to n routers.

The new standard is wireless n. They work at 2 frequencies, 2.4 and 5 Ghz, have max theoretical speeds of 300Mbps. costlier compared to g routers.

If you are using the router only for net, then no need to go with n. but if you plan to transfer lots of files over the network, go with n.

Some routers you can go for:

Buy Belkin F7D1401Zb Basic Modem Router (N150) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Buy D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

a comparison table: 6.2.*COMPARISON OF 802.11G, N AND A

Thanks a lot for that post!

My main use for the internet is for heavy downloads and for my phones to access the wifi.

I'm just looking for the one which will give me the best range.

Of the two links that you've given me, which is the better router and one that will give me better range?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply :)

PS: What's the difference between the 2750U and the 2730U?

And btw how do I know if my PC will support a wireless router?

Difference between 2750 and 2730 is the max speeds supported. 2730 max is 150Mbps while 2750 supports 300Mbps.

If your PC has a wifi card, it will be supported. If not, use the LAN connection.

I have no idea on range, but i am willing to hazard a guess that the dual antenna design of 2750 will have better range.

Also 2750 has USB storage support. while 2730 does not.

D-Link Wireless N ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router

D-Link Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ 4-Port Router

1st link is for 2750, 2nd link 2730.

Thanks for that!

I'll be able to use the LAN connection to use the wireless 2750U right? Because the guy from Airtel (my internet provider) had just come over and said I'd need the wifi card. Will the 2750 work with the LAN connection? If yes I can go ahead with that :)

The 2750 has 4 LAN ports. Connect your PC to the router using one of the LAN ports. Simple!

But before buying it, please check it up with some other ppl on the forum. There maybe some other routers with better range!

OK can someone tell me if there's something with better range in this budget?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Back