Advice for a mid budget multimedia/GPS/WIFI phone

tsk1979

Adept
I own a Nokia 6265 CDMA phone. It cost me 15000, and overall pretty low quality. Nokia service centers do not want to touch CDMA phones, and I have had to get part replacements from outside once the 2 year warranty got over.
Finally this phone is giving more troubles, and I am tired of fixing this and that.
Time for a new phone.
Nov 1st number portability comes, and I can finally go in for a new GSM phone.

MY requirements are
1. Windows mobile or Android OS - I have found these two to be the most adaptable. This removes Nokia from the list
2. GPS
3. WIFI
4. Video recording(720p will be nice!)
5. Motion sensor/accelerometer
6. Good processor speed, I do not like slow phones\
7. Good quality and after sale support
Price top - 15000

I looked at Micromax W900 wifi GPS phone. It costs 6500 in the market(7100 MRP) and for the price is true VFM. But poking around online review sites revealed lot of issues with overall quality and service.

I am a bit apprehensive about Nokia, partly because Nokia Ovi suite software really sucks. Even simple things become complicated, and I hate "dumbing down" features present in the current gen of Nokia softwares.

I am expecting a lot more control over the phone with windows mobile 6.1 or Android OS.
But most phones I find are 25K+

I can stretch to 20K if something really good is there, that is the upper limit of my budget, but ideally I would like to get a phone for cheaper. I can forego GPS and motion sensor thing if it pushes phones out of budget, but both these features will be real nice to have.

I am more attracted to Windows mobile because there are some real nice apps out there for free which will allow me to map and use openstreetmap maps. I do a lot of openstreetmap mapping, and getting a windows phone will allow me to easily run the mapping map, record trails and map.

Try out Samsung Galaxy 3. The best phone for under 15k out there. 667 mhz processor, Android 2.1 eclair(upgradeable to 2.2 later), gps/wifi/3g/capacitive touch screen and 3mp camera.

Galaxy 3 is good. Any other camera with similar features + a better camera? I am ready to go upto 20K in my budget

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am leaning towards HTC Legend - 22000

Slightly above my budget, but it has almost everything!

One question for the users though, can it store maps offline. I do not want to run into hundreds of rs of data charges downloading google maps.

Back