[Advice] Gaming Laptop

hi guys, i'm looking for a gaming laptop which can play hd movies, can act as a desktop-replacement, and with good battery life and of course, provide good gaming performance..

I'm assuming that these will be able to play 1080p with ease with no hiccups..

after trolling on the net and in the forums, i have found the following models with good ratings:

Asus N61JV

Acer Aspire 5740G

HP DV6 3043TX

budget is around 45k and can be extended to 50k, if there is a good reason..

Also, should i buy from stores like croma, etc or from authorized dealer.. can anyone tell me where can i get a discount on hp laptops..

well dt go for acer... if u can go for alienware mx11 from dell it'll b around 65000 but a worth for money as it also has sli and stunning looks..chk out on dell its what u'll ever want

no dell m11x for me cause it's out of my budget though there is another model i found out:

HP DV6 3043TX

But wait, i can buy the dell m11x if i can get a discount of 10-20%.. anyone who can help me in this..

lalitsehgal21 said:
well dt go for acer... if u can go for alienware mx11 from dell it'll b around 65000 but a worth for money as it also has sli and stunning looks..chk out on dell its what u'll ever want
also remember that right now alienware M11x has a very inferior CPU. the core i3,i5 upgrades are few months away.

yeah, i checked the m11x and it's configuration is way too low and it's overpriced, i5 and i7 upgrade will make it costly than its current price, i think..

if not, then i can consider it, should i wait for it? anyone having any info on it..

one thing i need to say, desktop replacement and battery DO NOT MIX.

Also, hp will give you the most vfm, though performance not sure! and after sales... hahah!

lalitsehgal21 said:
Alienware base models are not good. GX11 has Core 2 Duo...totally a NO NO to go for.

Big no for alienware, If you plan to attach ext monitor then only think about it. But that would be stupid after spending 70K in 11 incher and getting an ext monitor.

All 3 models which you have suggested are super finds in your budget.

As far as HP is concerned, I also have HP gaming laptop since last 9-10 months, and I have played lots of hours on it. A LOT. And Have not faced any issue with'em. However heating will be there. But it's stupid to think for such issue in high performance laptops. After Sales in my case has been superb, but that thing will vary from person to person again. So has issues with dell, some are happy with Dell. In same manner for HP and acer. So why don't you give preference to config and Price first, after that ASS.

Mostly I have found out higher prices in places like Croma, but still you can compare. Best bet would be to go to authorized dealer and try to negotiate for some discount.

go for lenovo ideapad y560 with ati mobility radeon hd 5730 (1GB) GPU

ram- 4gb ddr3

processor- i5 430m

hdd- 500 gb 5400 rpm

i bought it yesterday for Rs. 53000

@crossbow, notice taken, will look at the hp model and the sony e-series closely..

@abhimanyu, dude that's an awesome config and little bit cheaper than hp too with the gfx better than any other notebook in this range, checking it out now..

and from where did you buy it? your location?

5740g [i5,4gb ram,500gb hdd,5650 1GB]

5740G with 5650 graphics is discontinued.u can get a Acer 5745 of same spec but with a different gpu i.e GT330
OR u can get the same config of ACER 5740 with the new timelineX series 3820/4820/5820TG i.e 13/14/15 inchers are available with the same config of that of ACER 5740
if i were u i would go with the Timelinex series AFAIK the 4820TG with the above config is available not sure about 3820TG and 5820TG availability

^^ you mean acer 5740g now comes with gt330 now, and what's the price for it?

any model from the acer timeline which is good for gaming..??

the one with gt 330 is 5741g ! AFAIK ! my friend got it from dubai for 45k !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

get asus or acer ! not hp !

you can also try msi ! they have some good laptop for gaming :)

@hackboy89 5470G is discontinued and in its place 5745G(with GT330)

And about TimelineX series a model with 5650 1gb is good for gaming AFAIK 4820TG is available dont have idea about 3820TG and 5820TG availability

But read online that 4820TG in particularly have heating issue.But somewhere they said that it had been resolved.

I saw the ads on the HP india website recently and i have to say, ENVY 14 has the best of all that's available on the market.
Backlit keyboard, ati 5650, great metal design (runs much cooler than any hp laptop), 7200 rpm drive, 1600X900 screen, low price for base model (1099$ for core i3)...just don't know the launch date and indian pricing. Anything below 60k and its a steal!
Even the new dv6 has similar design.

Back