Advice Me Please : Split 1.5 TON AC Onida or Voltas ?

Maksa

Disciple
Hello Team,

I am back again with some questions.

I am planing to buy 1.5 ton Split AC for personal use. I am really confused so need your suggestions.

I have 2 brand in my mind Voltas and Onida:cool2:

Voltas:

Voltas - Vertis ELITE 1.5T ( 1 Warranty + 5 Year Compressor Warranty + 3 Free Services + Installation ) = 27900Rs.

Voltas - Vertis GOLD 1.5T ( 1 Warranty + 5 Year Compressor Warranty + 3 Free Services + Installation ) = 32000Rs.

Onida:

Onida - SG18TRDN ( 1 Warranty + 5 Year Compressor Warranty + Installation ) = 25500Rs.

Onida - SZ12GLG ( 1 Warranty + 5 Year Compressor Warranty + Installation ) = 25990Rs.

Onida - SM12SLH ( 1 Warranty + 5 Year Compressor Warranty + Installation ) = 31590Rs.

(Rates are from local dealers - I may get some discounts)

So now please help me to choose the best one ( Value for money ). In summer temp goes upto 48C at my place so i want to buy good one please. BTW i love o general and Hitachi but it;s out of my budget.

I have checked in compareindia but i am not tech guy so confused.
which one is having fast and powerful cooling fan? I am not able to find the lowest temp for the above models. and is it 4 way swing?
Awaiting for some suggestions. :S

racy1 said:
Hitachi 1.5 Ton Ace is for 35500/- So I guess you can stretch your budget to it...

it is 37K here wid installation. but 7K makes a lot different now lolz my initial budget was 25K but i stretched a bit lolz.

Maksa said:
it is 37K here wid installation. but 7K makes a lot different now lolz my initial budget was 25K but i stretched a bit lolz.

Then it makes no sense to go for Hitachi... I was getting Hitachi at that price so thought you might consider it.. :ashamed:

Anyway then I guess Onida & Voltas are your option....

Friends i have decided to go with Voltas - Vertis GOLD 1.5T. it will cost me around 29500. i hope i am choosing the right one.

Very sad to declare, but after my 4 yrs, long experience with Onida, I finally advise you to STAY AWAY from any ONIDA product as you will get GOOD SERVICE only in WARRANTY PERIOD i.e. 1-2-3 yrs.

If you go with Extended Warranty (we all need it as no one purchase TV/AC/Refrigerator/Washing machine for 4-5 yrs but expect long term service)with them, they just don't care and provides some local or cheap chines made parts which run only for 6-9 months and than blow up frequently.

VOLTAS is good choice, Congratulation!

Stick said:
Very sad to declare, but after my 4 yrs, long experience with Onida, I finally advise you to STAY AWAY from any ONIDA product as you will get GOOD SERVICE only in WARRANTY PERIOD i.e. 1-2-3 yrs.

If you go with Extended Warranty (we all need it as no one purchase TV/AC/Refrigerator/Washing machine for 4-5 yrs but expect long term service)with them, they just don't care and provides some local or cheap chines made parts which run only for 6-9 months and than blow up frequently.

VOLTAS is good choice, Congratulation!

thanks buddy :) yes lot of people complains about onida quality. most of the parts are from china.

^^ in my case my Onida TV have JVC Circuit/mother board, Panasonic Picture Tube, Philips Speakers. :S

Tech. person challenge me that none of local technician can fix the problem, only tech. from Onida can fixed it. :S :mad:

Stick said:
^^ in my case my Onida TV have JVC Circuit/mother board, Panasonic Picture Tube, Philips Speakers. :S

Tech. person challenge me that none of local technician can fix the problem, only tech. from Onida can fixed it. :S :mad:

lolz they got all stuff in one brand ;) i also have 2 onida window a/c but it's hardly 1 year old so right now no problems and i hope not to face problems in future. But yes in summer sometimes it get off automatically i dont know why may be they not able to face some high temperature. it always happens in noon time when temp is high.

Some AC expert told me that voltas is king in this field from long time. and they have their own compressor and yeh afterall TATA Product so no doubts about quality.

Back