Advice needed buying quality washing machine.

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
IFB Bosch or videocon or some other brand? Please don't suggest LG and Samsung. Need a basic one not fully automatic, top loading without bells and whistles.

Thanks.

Below my comments will not help you, sorry for that! But still my opinion on LG product and their service in bangalore :) Why im telling this is, now a days any electronic product prone to be faulty quite soon unlike older days and keeping this in my mind i always opt for a brand which gives hassle free service!!!

Any reason for avoiding LG? 4 of my friends(including me) were using LG for past 2-4 yrs. We use almost daily and so far only one time i had service issue..that too rat went into machine and cut some wires. Though this(cut due to rat) is not covered in warranty, somewhat i managed to get complete front panel replacement with the free of cost. A friend also used his service once after warranty is over... their warranty is top notch at least in bangalore. They have some extended warranty scheme also :) Of course quality of washing also good. We all using LG-TROMM fully automatic 5.5 Kg!

We've used videocon for 7 years without issues, we just bought whirlpool and within an year its giving problems. It's an entry level model still. IFB starts at 14k and has no semi auto model, still we are inclined on high quality so i guess IFB and videocon are the options.

We have onida semi-auto at my parents place. Have been serving us well since lat 7-8 years.

By the way, when you are buying a washing machine, you can assume it will last you for atleast 10 yrs. So factor that in when you are buying one. You may not need a feature rich fully automatic machine today...but is it going to be the same for next 4-5 years? Also consider, that fully auto will occupy less space than semi auto (top loading fully auto).

Regards,

Mohit

I am using IFB Executive Elite for past 6 years and apart from a problem with some internal chip it has been providing good service. Thankfully, IFB service in Goa is quite good, as they have a manufacturing unit here.

Almost all the semi-auto ones are similar - other than probably Whirlpool (uses agitator instead of pulsator). Korean ones (LG & Samsung) have comparatively better customer service/response.

I have seen an semi-auto Onida being used without any problems for the last 6 years. Buit as @amohit suggested think carefully - you may not feel the same about semi-auto in a few years time!

But be careful before buying IFB or LG Tromm (front-loading auto m/c's) as they need continuous supply of water at a minimum pressure; which is not the case with top-loaded m/c's; as you can use a hose to fill the water in case you live in a place where water supply is an issue.

Back