Advice Needed in Setting Up A New CMS Driven Scalable Multi Platform Website ?

Ankit2306

Disciple
Hi guys planning to start a Wordpress or an aleternate CMS Driven Multi Platform Website ..
1. What would be the best Web host considering my majority of viewers will be from India , US and few European countries ?
2. Where to begin , as i am planning to build a Wordpress multisite With ecommerce , discussion forum , content storage (mostly videos) , user profile creation and e-learning platform ?
3. How to integrate features like Payment Gateways , user content uploading features ?
4. Will wordpress be capable of handling as the traffic grows and contents added , i mean is wordpress scalable ?
5 Any other CMS recommendation Which will be a better alternative ?
6. What kind of Hosting Would be better considering the complexity of the Website , like Shared Hosting , VPS or Dedicated ?

Hoping to get All you value able feedbacks and insights .

Regards

How much experience do you have with web hosting? What languages can you program in.

Your skillset will decide the starting point. If the site becomes successful, hire people to reimplement it in whatever is the 'best' technology at that time.
Would consider quite well equip with the knowledge to host and code , however was out of touch for quite a few years , the level of confidence has dropped. .have developed tens of WordPress , Drupal and joomla sites in the past with custom coding , however the payment gateway factor is a new thing , feeling a bit shaky as where to start and structure the whole website ..

Last edited:
Wordpress has a lot of plugins to take care of any shortfalls in coding. Woocommerce plugin alone would address a lot of your payment, ecommerce requirements

1. What would be the best Web host considering my majority of viewers will be from India , US and few European countries ?
------ DigitalOcean droplet is good to start and you can scale as you wish.
2. Where to begin , as i am planning to build a Wordpress multisite With ecommerce , discussion forum , content storage (mostly videos) , user profile creation and e-learning platform ?
------Wordpress could be scary, cant handle much traffic if not managed well. But it does the job as there are lot of 3rd party plugins for almost every task you would imagine. Lots of possibilities for automation.
3. How to integrate features like Payment Gateways , user content uploading features ?
------Every payment gateway provides Wordpress plugins, or custom scripts with proper guide, just register for either and ask for developer guide.
4. Will wordpress be capable of handling as the traffic grows and contents added , i mean is wordpress scalable ?
------It will be resource hungry and you can handle traffic by putting a CDN layer on top of your website.
5 Any other CMS recommendation Which will be a better alternative ?
------If you want to scale, custom platform should be the best option.
6. What kind of Hosting Would be better considering the complexity of the Website , like Shared Hosting , VPS or Dedicated ?
------Digitalocean droplets. I would prefer any cloud based hosting which is easy to scale.

Hope this helps.

Back