Advice on 23k Gaming PC

Memento

Disciple
Hi,

I will be buying a my new pc soon.

Q: What is your budget?
23k preferably. A little increase in budget is possible if needed.

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration
Old P4 machine of a relative that I'm using temporarily till my new pc is purchased.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping
None

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Mobo- Gigabyte 785gmt us2h - 4400/-
Proccy- AMD Athlon II X4 635- 4800/-
RAM - 4GB DDR3 - 5000/-

Hard Drive-WD Blue 500 GB 1850/-
Case- Cooler Master Elite 430- 2800/-
SMPS- Corsair VX450 - 3700/-
Kb & Mouse-Logitech combo- 700/-
Writer-lg/liteon/samsung- 900/-
Graphics Card- Will buy later on.
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or would you be adding/upgrading a component in near future. Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months

Gpu most likely.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Watching Movies
Desktop Processing
Occasional Downloading

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Asus seems to have bad service. So I'd avoid their products.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
I will be buying a 20 or 22inch monitor . So atleast 1600*900 resolution.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Not necessarily. I hope my stock setting shall suffice for a while.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 OR Xp

I had some queries:

-I was wondering if I should spend less on my case and get one of the other two popular choices: the Elite 310 or the NZXT Gamma. I would save quite a bit if I went with the Elite 310 instead. I was only concerned about the heating/airflow issue.

-Would the PSU I've selected be sufficient if I added a good mid-range GPU later on?

Thanks.

In my opinion Elite 310 will suffice,add an intake fan on the side and the front and you've got a cabinet with good airflow. I got the Elite 430 myself,it's aesthetically more pleasing and has more fan options. But you really don't need all that as I'm beginning to realize that myself. Neither have wire management features.

Just get a couple of Scythe 120mm fans, I don't remember the exact model,but one of them had a very nice CFM. Cost was around 450-500. This way you'll get three fans for around 2600/-,with the Elite 430 you get only 1 fan for 2700/-.

Cheers.

Back