Advice on buying Motorola Refrigerator

TestLink

Recruit
Can someone please advice me on buying a Motorola Refrigerator? Please share your experience on its performance, service etc.

Or shall I go for some other company like LG / Samsung / Godreg / Bosch etc?

Thanks...

Don't know about the refrigerator but a neighbour of mine has bought a Motorola FL Washing Machine. He said it is better than the Samsung WM he had used earlier. Some years back I had bought the Haier bottom mounted refrigerator and it is still working good without any problem. It was a new launch in India at that time but they were already into consumer goods in many countries at that time and they had service centres in India especially in Metro cities. Check if there is enough service centres and if you are willing to take the risk you can or stick with the frontline companies like LG, Samsung...

Don't buy these rebranded products. Basically Flipkart had licensed the name from companies like Motorola and Nokia to launch TVs and appliances where they source or produce the products themselves and then just use their name. Check for yourself and you will find that Motorola doesn't sell any of these products in any other country apart from India. Similarly Amazon basics refrigerators were basically BPL products rebranded. My advice would be to stick to known appliance makers like LG, Samsung, Bosch, Whirlpool etc.

Can someone please advice me on buying a Motorola Refrigerator? Please share your experience on its performance, service etc.

Or shall I go for some other company like LG / Samsung / Godreg / Bosch etc?

Thanks...
Who are you going to call if there are issues ? Motorola is undercutting others on price that is why there is a buzz.

When it comes to appliances its support you have to think of. Not price.

LG & Samsung are established names with support networks in place.

Availability of spares is not an issue for the life of the appliance which is typically ten years.

That's what the LG guy who came for the fridge demo told me.

Last edited:
Don't buy these rebranded products. Basically Flipkart had licensed the name from companies like Motorola and Nokia to launch TVs and appliances where they source or produce the products themselves and then just use their name. Check for yourself and you will find that Motorola doesn't sell any of these products in any other country apart from India. Similarly Amazon basics refrigerators were basically BPL products rebranded. My advice would be to stick to known appliance makers like LG, Samsung, Bosch, Whirlpool etc.
What he said is technically true, but if you're on a budget and need something for few years until you can buy a better product, buying something like that wouldn't hurt a lot in my opinion. You're just investing a little more than a regular second hand product and they do work efficiently for 3-4 years at least.

Ys, I am concerned about the availability of Motorola service centres in Kerala. They doesnt have an email on their own and use support.moto@flipkart.com as their email address. I send email several times requesting them to give more info regarding their service centre locations in Kerala. But they keep sending the same email below without mentioning any thing about the service centre locations ! They might have outsourced the service part to some other agency.

Dear Customer,
Thanks for writing in.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Motorola Authorized service centers are available across the country.
As per the brand’s policy, a technician from our authorized service center will visit you and will conduct a detailed diagnosis of the product. Based on the results, the technician will provide relevant assistance or a suitable alternative.
Please feel free to revert to this email or call us at 080-46331090 for further assistance

What about Motorola TV's, Sound Bars etc? Are they good?

Which one is better?

LG 679 L Frost Free Inverter Linear Side-by-Side Refrigerator (GC-B247KQDV, Graphite steel, Multi Air Flow)​

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07612F52G
or

Samsung 700 L Inverter Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator (RS72R5001M9TL, Gentle Silver Matt, SpaceMax Technology)​

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Inverter-Refrigerator-RS72R5001M9TL-Technology/dp/B07Q4WZ4BT
I need around 700ltr. max budget is around 80000.
LG one is made in India, the Sammy is from China.

Have you considered triple door models ?

What do you think of those. 100L smaller for the same price.

Motorola is probably rebranding stuff from a chinese OEM. For white goods, I prefer Bosch,Whirlpool,LG,IFB in that order. Ignored Samsung for white goods due to reliability issues my relatives had.

Ignored Samsung for white goods due to reliability issues my relatives had.
Care to elaborate ? where was the problem

If there are problems then they have service networks to attend to them.

My preference for LG over samsung stems from the fact LG has been in the whitegoods business for longer than Samsung and has more design experience.

In India if you say LG people are more readily going to associate that with fridge and Samsung with phone or TV. Though i'd imagine this is slowly changing.

Back