Budget 90k+ Advice on New PC & NAS for 2 lakh

Hello Members,
I had built my first rig in 2011 with the suggestions of TE members and it's still going strong. Now I am upgrading to next level and need some advice. Although I know much more now about PCMasterRace, it's always better to have some advice from other experienced people.I have decided to go for Ryzen after the disappointment that Core X series reveal was.

Moreover, I had planned to get WD Mycloud 3TB(11k), but then discovered that for few thousand more I can build a system from scratch. My NAS build comes to 13k sans the drive. It will act as NAS and Plex server. I have combined my query for NAS as to avoid making another thread. NAS components are written in Green font.

What is your budget?
2 lakhs +10k max
What is your existing hardware configuration?
CPU
- Intel i5-2500
Motherboard - Intel DZ68BC
GPU - AMD R9-270X
RAM - GSkill 8 GB DDR3
Monitor - Dell Ultrasharp 24"
PSU - Seasonic 550W(now using a Deepcool 500W)
KB - Razer Blackwidow
Which hardware will you be keeping?
Nothing, will keep the old system as is for my other house.
Which hardware component are you looking to buy?
CPU
- Ryzen 1700X or Ryzen 1700

*****Update******

Bought 90% of the system, specs are:

Main System:

Ryzen 1700X
Asus X370 Prime Pro
G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB RGB @ 3000Mhz
Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme
Corsair H100i v2
Phanteks P400S TGE
Logitech G403

NAS:

Intel G4560
Biostar B150 HiFi motherboard
Kingston 4GB DDR4
Seagate Ironwolf 4TB
iBall Grab-ON case with 450W SMPS(will replace soon)

Almost 60% of the hardware I got from fellow TE members through marketplace. A big thank you to all of them. Will add pics once the whole thing is built.

If you read the long post, a Thank You from me.

Last edited:
TLDR, I did not read the entire post.

However, I would like to suggest WD Reds over Seagate as my experience with Seagate has been poor, plus the RMA is equally hopeless.

@allrounder799 I read the post but couldn't get you! Do you need a Gaming PC & a NAS for Plex Kodi?
1.Ryzen 1700 Should be good You can shave some $ Off)
2. For AIO you should go with NZXT Kraken X62.
3. Gaming Monitors: You can get 24" Gaming monitors for under 40k 144Hz 1Ms Response times and all the other Jazz.
4. Please update your post to remove all the unnecessary stuff.

TLDR, I did not read the entire post.

However, I would like to suggest WD Reds over Seagate as my experience with Seagate has been poor, plus the RMA is equally hopeless.
Seagate drives have been great for me, The new Barracuda Compute line is better than the previous generations. ( I have an old Barracuda 160GB which has more than 4+ Years of Online Time. And is functioning very well since I Bought it. And as for NAS Drives you to have Ironwolf Lineup which has capacity ranging from 1 - 10 TB. and is specifically designed for NAS workloads.

Seagate drives have been great for me, The new Barracuda Compute line is better than the previous generations. ( I have an old Barracuda 160GB which has more than 4+ Years of Online Time. And is functioning very well since I Bought it. And as for NAS Drives you to have Ironwolf Lineup which has capacity ranging from 1 - 10 TB. and is specifically designed for NAS workloads.
The older Barracudas were pretty good but now the tables have turned in favour of WD.

I was in the same boat for 8 TB NAS HDDs and although the Ironwolf was cheaper there were too many user issues in amazon.com and hence I went with WD RED.

The older Barracudas were pretty good but now the tables have turned in favour of WD.

I was in the same boat for 8 TB NAS HDDs and although the Ironwolf was cheaper there were too many user issues in amazon.com and hence I went with WD RED.
I don't recommend buying Harddisk online as they don't handle the shipping properly, I have personally seen Amazon/ Flipkart Delivery boys shuffling all the parcel here and there :/.

I would suggest going for the Ryzen 1700 over the 1700X as the price/performance ratio is heavily in favour of 1700 as the x model costs around 5.5k more.

I will be buying a 1700 as well but I am stuck on the RAM and mobo part.

I would suggest going for the Ryzen 1700 over the 1700X as the price/performance ratio is heavily in favour of 1700 as the x model costs around 5.5k more.

I will be buying a 1700 as well but I am stuck on the RAM and mobo part.
Get a mid-range Mobo and go with high speed preferably 3000MHz Ram kit as high speed memory is preferred for AMDs infinity fabric.

Sorry for the late update, I have decided to go with Ironwolfs, let's see how they perform. Amazon.com reviews are around 4.5 stars and I have not read any adverse reports about the new drives failing en masse.

Problem is getting it to run at full rated speed without a lot of shenanigans.

I have raised the same question in the Ryzen thread and now waiting around for user feedback.
https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/amd-ryzen-cpus-launched.182385/page-15#post-2129359
I got the Gskill Trident Z 16GB 3000Mhz RGB, but as you stated, I too am not able to run them at full speed. They are stuck at 2133Mhz. Dialing upwards makes the system non-bootable. Though I have not tried full overclocking, will double down on it when the whole system is built

I got the Gskill Trident Z 16GB 3000Mhz RGB, but as you stated, I too am not able to run them at full speed. They are stuck at 2133Mhz. Dialing upwards makes the system non-bootable. Though I have not tried full overclocking, will double down on it when the whole system is built
I got the G Skill Flare X Kit (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) and the Ryzen 1700.
Waiting around for my Asus Crosshair VI and Noctua coolers before testing out the fruits of my internet research on Ryzen OC...:arghh:

Budget -134.5K

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 -25000,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8200,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10700,
Seasonic S12II 520w -6500,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo -3500,
Corsair SPEC ALPHA -5000,
Zotac GTX1080 8GB Amp -51000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 960 EVO 256GB SSD -12100,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000.
TOTAL -1,34,500.

Budget -25K

Intel Pentium G4560 -5500,
MSI H110M-Pro-VH-Plus -4500,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -4500,
Antec BP350P -2500,
Cooler Master Force 500 -2500,
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD -5500.
TOTAL -25,000.

Sorry for the late update, I have decided to go with Ironwolfs, let's see how they perform. Amazon.com reviews are around 4.5 stars and I have not read any adverse reports about the new drives failing en masse.

Great!

After the latest BIOS update(11/08/2017 on Asus's website) I can now run my Trident Zs at 2800Mhz. Curiously they don't run on any frequency between 2133 and 2800.

Crap. I thought one of our members here was using it. They do seem to have distributors appointed here though

Back