Advice on Nokia E6

smalltiger_s

Disciple
I am thinking of buying a Nokia E6 for myself. I need a couple of clarifications.

1. Does Nokia E6 support multiple mail for exchange accounts simultaneously or not? I faced this issue with my Nokia E72 and found this problem very strange since my Iphone does it quite conveniently.

2. What is the actual battery life with wifi and 3g on all the time!

Hi Smalltiger.. well honestly speaking , i haven't tried multiple exchange accounts though i believe that has been enabled in the Anna FW.. i'll check up on it for you..

As for the battery.. i just keep forgetting when i last charged it , it is THAT good :p The phone goes on and on and on !

dhruvrock2000 said:
Hi Smalltiger.. well honestly speaking , i haven't tried multiple exchange accounts though i believe that has been enabled in the Anna FW.. i'll check up on it for you..

As for the battery.. i just keep forgetting when i last charged it , it is THAT good :p The phone goes on and on and on !

Thanks Dhruv! I was kinda worried about the battery! Do u use both the wifi and 3g as well las listen to music on the phone apart from the emails. This is wat i intend to use the phone as.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

talrejaheeru said:

Hey @dhruvrock2000 and all of the other E6 users who have bought/used Nokia E6:

1. is the notification light on E6 really feeble

2. do u know of any website from where i can buy this phone with a good discount?

thanks for your advice!

I've never tried 3g nor multiple mail exchange but with moderate use with some 20-30 sms , 20-30 min fone call and twitter i get battery life of some where around 30-36 hours which dont think is very good . i have used E72 and e 71 which use to last 3-4 days with heavy use . i thought i have got a defective piece as the battery life isnt any where close to what nokia claims , so checked with many reviews of the people who own e6 and everyone complained about the battery . it aint bad but someone who has used e72 or any other e series will surely be disappointed, one expects a good battery life from e series .

Regarding notification light , well its a joke . untill and unless its completely dark you wont notice the light blinking on e6 , which i find quite annoying .

yeah , the notification light on it is quite feeble. disappointed with that but battery life has been great for me on 3G so can't complain about it. Plus it has a much higher resolution screen than the E72 and that definitely has a hit on battery life.

thanks dhruv and Aniruddh! the reason i was thinking of buying e6 over BBs and E72 is t\two folds:

first, the touch screen does aid web browsing (so i need it for sure)

secondly, i need a better battery than what most android phones are offering!! (more in the range of 30+ hours and yes i need a physical call disconnect button.

(PS: there is another underlying reason:i am a senior executive. i can't be seen carrying a touch phone, doesnt gel with my profile :p)

Aniruddh said:
I've never tried 3g nor multiple mail exchange but with moderate use with some 20-30 sms , 20-30 min fone call and twitter i get battery life of some where around 30-36 hours which dont think is very good . i have used E72 and e 71 which use to last 3-4 days with heavy use . i thought i have got a defective piece as the battery life isnt any where close to what nokia claims , so checked with many reviews of the people who own e6 and everyone complained about the battery . it aint bad but someone who has used e72 or any other e series will surely be disappointed, one expects a good battery life from e series .

Regarding notification light , well its a joke . untill and unless its completely dark you wont notice the light blinking on e6 , which i find quite annoying .

aniruddh, i've heard of ways of increasing the ligt by way of some simple mods. have u heard of any such thing.

Also if you and Dhruv can do a small review between you it will be super duper!!

Another query my friends and advisers :)

1) How is the voice clarity during calls (both for receiving and making calls)

2) How loud is the phone (for music and the ringtone - basically how loud is the loudspeaker)

3) how is the vibrator mode of the phone. How does it compare to the E series and other N series

I will be eagerly looking for your reponses!! and please except my thanks for your updates till now. They all have been incredibly helpful in helping me form an opinion :)

My friend has an e6 and he is quite satisfied with the battery life. It is not 3 or 4 days, but with the upgraded os plus the high res screen and the touch digitizer, it will be wrong to assume that it will last as long as e71. Voice quality is great, classic nokia. Do check out the apps compatibility. Some apps are finicky with the retina screen.

Unless you are playing a lot of games (which doesn't gel with your personality ;) ) , you won't have problems with app compatibility. Just check it out at the showroom .. you'll fall in love with the simple beauty of the handset :)

smalltiger_s said:
thanks dhruv and Aniruddh! the reason i was thinking of buying e6 over BBs and E72 is t\two folds:

first, the touch screen does aid web browsing (so i need it for sure)

secondly, i need a better battery than what most android phones are offering!! (more in the range of 30+ hours and yes i need a physical call disconnect button.

(PS: there is another underlying reason:i am a senior executive. i can't be seen carrying a touch phone, doesnt gel with my profile :p)

aniruddh, i've heard of ways of increasing the ligt by way of some simple mods. have u heard of any such thing.

Also if you and Dhruv can do a small review between you it will be super duper!!

Another query my friends and advisers :)

1) How is the voice clarity during calls (both for receiving and making calls)

2) How loud is the phone (for music and the ringtone - basically how loud is the loudspeaker)

3) how is the vibrator mode of the phone. How does it compare to the E series and other N series

I will be eagerly looking for your reponses!! and please except my thanks for your updates till now. They all have been incredibly helpful in helping me form an opinion :)
iew

You welcome buddy

Will surely write a small review of the phone

Call/voice quality is top-notch , maybe one of the best .

Sound quality through speaker as well as headset is pretty good , though i am not much into multimedia so not the right person to comment . sound through speakers aint that loud , at best loudness through speakers is average .

Worry not regarding vibration , its pretty smooth .
aka911 said:
My friend has an e6 and he is quite satisfied with the battery life. It is not 3 or 4 days, but with the upgraded os plus the high res screen and the touch digitizer, it will be wrong to assume that it will last as long as e71. Voice quality is great, classic nokia. Do check out the apps compatibility. Some apps are finicky with the retina screen.

aka911 it'll be wrong to assume that the battery would perform as good as e72? no ones assuming , its nokia who claims that the battery performance on e6 is better than any other e series . kindly check out the official website you'll know why i am slightly disappointed on this front .
dhruvrock2000 said:
Unless you are playing a lot of games (which doesn't gel with your personality ;) ) , you won't have problems with app compatibility. Just check it out at the showroom .. you'll fall in love with the simple beauty of the handset :)

True ... its one heck of a phone .looks awesome and packed with all the features one look for in a business phone, and that brilliant bright screen is a added plus. Also keypad deserves a special mention , i am using bb along with e6 and i find keypad on e6 way better .

Guys thanks a lot to all of you!!!! i got myself a new Nokia E6 :) :):):) Super happy about my purchase. I can't believe that a 680 Mhz processor is giving such a super smooth performance. the screen looks fabulous and even the screen visibility in sun is great!

Guys what apps and games do u have running on your E6. Please share. I'd like to make full use of onboard 8 GB of space :)

That is great. I was wondering if you can let me know if it has the following:

1) Kinetic Scrolling?

2) Also when I saw a review on E6, the reviewer was disappointed about browser performance. No pinch to zoom and scrolling was laggy. Can you please tell me your browser experience?

Thank you.

@SmallTiger : Congrats on the purchase dude ! ok , apps... if you're on Twitter you owe it to yourself to get Gravity. Facebook has to be fMobi.

The LinkedIn app on Symbian is also pretty cool. Be sure to install CNN as well. Its got instant notifications for breaking news items.

agantuk said:
It is the OS, not the processor :D

yeah it is the OS - symbain is fugal OS!!

dhruvrock2000 said:
@SmallTiger : Congrats on the purchase dude ! ok , apps... if you're on Twitter you owe it to yourself to get Gravity. Facebook has to be fMobi.

The LinkedIn app on Symbian is also pretty cool. Be sure to install CNN as well. Its got instant notifications for breaking news items.

thanks Dhruv u really rock!! got all of these apps running now :) Are there any games that you'd want to recommend that fit the screen of E6. Also, please let me know if i can install Angry birds in any way??

Back