Advice on PS2

Teftar

Disciple
Hi guys planning to buy an PS2 thinking about getting a modded PS2 can you guys tell me where is the best place to buy the modded PS2 for the best price in Chennai. Thank you.:)

If you are planning to get a used one......check the lens thouroughly, and get a console with matrix modchip(plays games via IDE Hard disk)

If are getting new then its 5k+2k modding(I am not sure if matrix can implemented on ps2 slim but there are lots of modchip available out there including usb/swapmagic)

better get a 60GB PS3(plays ps2/ps3) and jailbreak.....no need to upgrade for 5 years again!

Audiophi1le said:
better get a 60GB PS3(plays ps2/ps3) and jailbreak.....no need to upgrade for 5 years again!
Until its a first gen, no it will not. And until the ps3 is on 3.41, it won't be jailbroken.

come on guys he just want to buy a ps2 not a ps3. a new ps2 slim will cost you 5.4 k if you buy it from sony world or croma with one year warranty as you want a modded one to run backup disk's on it buy one from gray market it will cost you 5 k and you can get it moddied for 500 or 600 .

Audiophi1le said:
Bad idea. A 60GB PS3 has higher chances of going YLOD. And sourcing one today is almost impossible. The ones available off the second hand market cannot be trusted either. And what is the point in recommending a PS3 to someone who needs a PS2? :\

Get the PS2 slim. You should easily find one in the nearest Croma outlet.

Thank you guys for valuable information.I too want to buy a ps3 but i don't have a HD TV to utilize it's full power hence the PS2. I think i could buy the PS2 in a sony outlet but i want some info on modding this console.Any info on modding the console in Chennai will be very much appreciated.

micheal687 said:
You can easily get it from ritchie street...... i think modding also done there..

happy now:clap::clap::clap:
Yea I'm happy but i was looking for a exact address in ritchie street as one can easily be conned there.

Back