Advice regarding a Drill Kit for minor home repairs

Rickyk

Skilled
I want to buy a Drill tool set for minor home repairs. Never bought/used a drill before. Shortlisted two items. Couple of differences between them. One has support for Drilling in masonry while the other does not. Also some "features" are different between the two drills but I am not sure how significant/useful those features are. Any advice appreciated.

http://www.bosch-pt.com.sg/sg/en/pr...1/p105251/impact-drills-10-mm/gsb-500-re.html

http://www.bosch-pt.com.sg/sg/en/pr...431/p21089/impact-drills-10-mm/gsb-10-re.html

Are Bosch drills considered decent/reliable? Is Black & Decker better quality and do they offer similarly priced drill kits in India? Is some other locally available brand a better deal?

Please let me know ASAP as I want to buy this today itself.

Thanks in advance...

impact drills you will need if you intend to drill holes in concrete. bosch is a good company. However i would not advice you to go for a costly drill only for household. Rather better to go for chinese make sub 1000 rs drill which only have direct drilling option. For the money you will be spending on bosch and the amount of work you are going to do isnt going to justify the investment cost. Even a sub 1000 drill is good for normal household uses.

Bosch drills are one of the best around. Black and Decker are way behind.
Hammer drill is not required for household use. Don't go for Chinese drills either.

I'd suggest to go for Skil Drill machines. Skil is a lower end brand by Bosch and quality is good. Keep an eye for the discounts offered on websites like Amazon India and Flipkart. Some times they are priced as low as ₹999 on these websites. Current price is around ₹1500 including shipping.

Buy Skil dril.. A bosh company. At the most, you will end up holes in a brick wall or in wood for home . We bought it 2yrs back and served me and many friends,still going great.
Stay away from Kit as you will end up with duplicate items and you don't need/use many of them. Buy individual tools on need basis. Get Taparia/Stanley hand tools.
Keep watching Amazon,Flipkart and snapdeal during diwali.. I remember they were selling the skil drill at 1000/- and Bosh kit at 2.5k during dusserah. Wait and buy.

Thanks nimod but I already bought myself a kit...

A kit was the right way to go.
There have been plenty of times I've had to call a carpenter just because I didn't have a certain tool. And when you're spending, it's always better to look at the additional benefit you'll get for a marginal increase in costs.
Could you share what you bought?

Back